RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the chrome fork tubecovers hard to install? i dont have the front blinkers on the forks anymore. will the covers cover this area? who has them, i would like to look at your gallery. i am thinking about getting some but have not made up my mind. thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have them. They really finish the front end of the bike and make it pop.

I had help...2 sets of hands are easier to get this done. The pain is keeping the O rings in place while installeding the forks. There are lots of recommendation to tape them in place. That didn't work for me. We ended up super glueing them on place then thoroughly coverting the rings with vasoline. Install was a piece of cake after that. Check my gallery.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do the covers come with instructions? the orings are for the covers are the existing forks?

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
brb03 said:
do the covers come with instructions? the orings are for the covers are the existing forks?

Yes they do come with instructions.

I have them on my bike. I also put them on my brothers bike. On mine I followed the instructions. The O rings on the top pieces were a pain. When I did my brothers, I used the O rings on the lower pieces and used blue silicone to hold the top pieces. It was way easier that way.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
There are some more pics in my gallery . I think they look especially good without the signals . They come with optional pieces so you can do them with or without the signal bracket. Just be careful putting them on . I will probably redo one of mine because the O-ring isn't quite right and it allows water in when I wash the bike that comes out on my tank on hard launches !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts