RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but...

I was in the dealer today eying the new midnight and the salesman mentioned that the scuttlebutt is that Yamaha is soon to phase out the 1700 in favor of a new 1900 line.

Was wondering if anyone has heard of this and if the Warrior will be revamped or replaced in the process? I miss my Warrior, but should I wait for the new model?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Dunno 'bout the bigger displacement, but ya might as well go for it now. I
ve had mine for just over 2 years and close to 20K miles, I'm sooo glad I went for it! How much bigger do you really need??

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
How's your daughter doing?

I recall that she was pretty ill at one time...

BTW..
You wanna come back.. you *know* you do.. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Go for it, that is the first I have heard of that 1900 cc updated platform. So if you don't find out something more solid you might find yourself waiting a few years.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Come on back. There's been rumors that the next Warrior is going to be bigger, but that's been the talk for quite some time now. The displacement is still 102ci. Come on back now, you know you want to. We've been waiting for you.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Come on back. I too was wondering about your daughter. Is she still well? There was a lot of prayers went up for her.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Come on back! Yamaha takes a long time to improve the bikes that have a huge following, look at the VMax, The FJR took many years to come to America, so waiting might be a long time.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for remembering my daughter. Yes, she is doing well. No relapses. There is one thing though, you could pray that she finally decides on a major in college and graduates in the next two years! I think she has become a professional college student! Graduate dammit! LOL

As for the bike, sure do like the midnight. Could kick myself for selling my warrior. Couldn't justify it with a Hayabusa and a Roadie in the garage. Now the Busa is gone and the Roadie doesn't come close to satisfying my need for speed. So the Roadie's up for sale too.

Any idea of what a good price on a new warrior should be? I've gotten a couple of prices near $12,700 out the door. Being near Daytona and all of the bike dealers being flush from sales generated during bike week, I don't think they're being very competitive. I heard on the news that the local Harley dealer was selling 30 bikes a day during Bike Week, to give you an idea of the volume of sales during the event.

Maybe our site sponsor would be a good source. I'd drive to Alabama for a good deal.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
It would be nice to go new, but as you know you don't have to. Check the Classifieds on this site. I've seen some good deals.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gman

It would be nice to go new, but as you know you don't have to. Check the Classifieds on this site. I've seen some good deals.

Ditto on this. You can really get some great deals used - already with some major mods completed. You'd have more $$ for more mods this way IMHO. If you can find a bike that's one year old - you can still get a new bike rate for financing (it's what I did). Also, if there WERE definite plans for a 1900 Warrior, I think we'd know about it before some smart @ss dealer would. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

It's nice to see you considering coming back! I'm very happy to hear your daughter is doing well too.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I was going to go with the M109R, but after visiting this forum I realized i coudl pick-up a used Warrior, mod it to make it my own, and still have less invested.
Come on back. You "know" what you're missing!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Rumor has it there's a black and red 02 for sale again...
I'm considering it too.
Don't have a street bike anymore. (technically speaking)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
quote:Originally posted by VR-4man

but...scuttlebutt is that Yamaha is soon to phase out the 1700 in favor of a new 1900 line.

You would wait for a rumor on something that might happen? Think of all that riding and fun you would let pass you by because you waited. Get one now, and get something later.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by megawatt

quote:Originally posted by VR-4man

but...scuttlebutt is that Yamaha is soon to phase out the 1700 in favor of a new 1900 line.

You would wait for a rumor on something that might happen? Think of all that riding and fun you would let pass you by because you waited. Get one now, and get something later.

He's still got at least 2 bikes, including a Busa. I think he can wait.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

He's still got at least 2 bikes, including a Busa. I think he can wait.

Just one now Shawn. Sold the Busa and the Roadie's up for sale too.

Always said that if I could only have one bike, it would be the Warrior. It just does so many things so well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought my 2006 warrior new at Xtreme motorsports in castle rock CO for 9700 out the door, but it was the last one they had, I have heard that some dealer have them for 8700.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts