RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new seat and im definatly closer and will need to strech out my legs more, my question is do I go with 3 inch or 5 inch, im 6'1'' with a 32" inseam, I just got a yamaha stiletto seat. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and have the 3" extensions from lightning performance and like them. They were easy to install and I can still rest my feet over the top of the controls and move around a bit on long rides. I have the stock seat. If you go with the 5" controls you might have to either add wire or relocate your horn and the sensor for the rear brake light, it was a stretch but it worked. Make sure you use lock tite on the shifter control arm once you have it where you want it. Mine flew off going down the road and I had to down shift with my hand a couple times to get home.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'm 5'11", 32 inseam. I went with Supreme Legends forwards and love 'em. Did have to lose the coffin for comfort (boo hoo-NOT).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go 3 inches from stock . The warrior standard already has already more of a stretch than any yamaha . 5 look wise kicks it out way infront of the frame looks a bit odd. Plus you want a slight bend in your knees when your riding unless you like that complete hyper extended feel ..

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm 5' 9" 32 inseam. I ride with the stileto and 3" extensions, it's fairly comfortable. 5" would be way to far out there for me.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
What seat did you get? I actually would like to be a little closer, not as tall as you.

Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
californiacruiser said:
What seat did you get? I actually would like to be a little closer, not as tall as you.

Thanks
If this question is for me I have the Yamaha Silleto which puts me slightly foward more than the factory seat.

I also have the Yamaha Mini floor boards which also helps as their bigger than stock pegs, which helps with the reach.

And their a lot more comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm 5' 11" with 3 " extentions they are comfortable for me. The 5" would probably start to look a little funny hanging out that far. To make my decision I took my controls, mount and all and moved them up. Utilizing only the front bolt hole on the frame and the rear hole on the brackets. Can not ride that way but gave me a feel for the 3" extentions. Close any ways.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Thanks for the response. Yes, I am looking at floorboards too although the mini ones seem awfully small. I am more used to a cruiser bike but fell in love with the power and handling of the Warrior. Now I just want to make it more comfortable. So you like the mini borads?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
californiacruiser said:
Thanks for the response. Yes, I am looking at floorboards too although the mini ones seem awfully small. I am more used to a cruiser bike but fell in love with the power and handling of the Warrior. Now I just want to make it more comfortable. So you like the mini borads?

You might want to look into the Baron's Enferno short floorboards for the Warrior...they are adjustable lengthwise and offer a bit more foot room than the Yamaha mini's. I have size 14 feet and am 5'10" with 32 inseam and ride a Corbin Stilleto seat...there's still room for improvement, but the highway comfort is surprisingly good!

·
Registered
251 Posts
californiacruiser said:
I'm sure those adjustable one's or full size would be better for comfort. I opted for the mini because I think they would have looked better for the

Warrior than full size, a good balance for looks and comfort. When I put them on I was very suprised at the comfort, but if you are use to full size they might

be dissapointing.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
And thank you again. I gotta say I am impressed with the willingness of everybody to help, it's awesome! Ok, last question for a while on the comfort issue:

The airbox that sticks out on the right side pushes my leg way out and seems to detract from comfort. Is there a way (maybe just K&N cones or something) that eliminates the need for this without adversley affecting power?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Do a search for BAK orV-BAK. These are big air kits that will not only get rid of the bulky right side air box but will also improve performance.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I did the 5" from the extensiondepot http://www.theextensiondepot.com/

I love them. The plus your feet are out there and it is comfortable. I am 6'1" but long legs they made the bike fit me better. You do not have to extend any wires or anything like that pretty much all straight bolt on. The bads does look a bit off with the 5" extension. Soooo comfort vs looks

You can see the 5" extensions in the pic

good luck

-Z

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Talked to a dealer last week, he said the 2010 will be in showrooms starting mid December. For what it's worth....

·
Registered
633 Posts
Contact Churchkey and order his VBAK intake system with the AIS blockoff plates. Heck get the coil relocation plate from him at the same time and this will cure several problems and actually ADD performance for you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts