RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Chomorrito the best bet is to find a stock used seat and have a local upholstery person re-do it for you. They can swap the foam out to some memory foam and even insert a gel pad for you. Then they will measure your rump and have it cast onto the seat so that it is made for you. They few that I saw on ebay are ridiculously high but I guess there are less and less seat out there. I wouldn't pay more than $100 personally.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chomorrito the best bet is to find a stock used seat and have a local upholstery person re-do it for you. They can swap the foam out to some memory foam and even insert a gel pad for you. Then they will measure your rump and have it cast onto the seat so that it is made for you. They few that I saw on ebay are ridiculously high but I guess there are less and less seat out there. I wouldn't pay more than $100 personally.
Thanks Hefty! I think I sourced one. I'm doing it more for the look, there might be a chance the Cushion is perfectly fine for me hahhah.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I picked up a Yamaha comfort cruise boulevard solo seat and it doesnt fit LOL. Didnt realize the rear seat brackets were different through out the years.

Well I guess I can source an 02 03 brackets. I dont think my 07 bracket is used for anything specific.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
The only issue with the year is the attach bracket goes bolted to the rear femder...

So I have to put some in Fender

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only issue with the year is the attach bracket goes bolted to the rear femder...

So I have to put some in Fender

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
This bracket is the 02 03 bracket. Turns out you cant get it anymore. At least online the part number number cant be bought.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Speaking from fresh experience here. Let’s assume that your rear mounting is closer compared to that picture, if you look under your fender there are two bolts holes waiting to be used.
You need to remove your rear fender. Once done and they look like where the bracket should be mounted. Using a fine drill bit drill to pin holes and be careful of the threads on those nuts. Unscrew that plate and move it away. Then use a 11 or 12mm drill bit and widen those small holes. Now mount that bracket into the fender and that plate make sure the bolts you use are no longer than the depth of those nuts. You don’t want to be ripping your tyre on bolts that are too long. Reinstall your fender and then put your seat on.

·
Administrator
28,818 Posts
A good thing is to look in the Documentation forum for items that deffer between model years. Seats are there, too. Notice the bracket differences are I suspect not what you are thinking.

Also, read the Model Year Differences thread. The future will be simpler for you!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good thing is to look in the Documentation forum for items that deffer between model years. Seats are there, too. Notice the bracket differences are I suspect not what you are thinking.

Also, read the Model Year Differences thread. The future will be simpler for you!
Yeah I saw the deal and jumped on it without research because oem seats are so expensive used. I assumed wrong that the front portion was the same. I only found the rear loop was different in my quick search.

Going to read that more docs! Thanks Arizona

·
Registered
689 Posts
02 -03 bracket will work just fine with your 02-03 solo seat on your 07 bike .. I've installed 04 up seats on my 02 and 02-03 seats on my 05
Also it seems solo seats for 02-03 are easier to find these days

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
02 -03 bracket will work just fine with your 02-03 solo seat on your 07 bike .. I've installed 04 up seats on my 02 and 02-03 seats on my 05
That's what I'm thinking since my other seats dont use this bracket. We will see soon!

·
Registered
689 Posts
If your solo has the rear plate(that goes under the fender bracket ) held on with two screws just remove it for now , install seat into lock and go ride ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts