RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else freakin out over the recall?

I just looked at the pictures again and am starting to freak out. It looks like the aftermath might be worse than the circlip fault. This work isn't going to be done in an overhaul shop but in a dealer shop with big-time time constraints!
The emphasis will most likely be on speed not correctness. In those pictures they don't have enough bench, what about their tools and knowledge. I can almost see that gear shaft rolling off that picnic table and onto the floor right now.
Someone tell -- am I unjustly freakin out or what.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Buflow,

Looks like people are getting some good work done. From what I'm gathering is: If you have a good trustworthy dealer, you will get good service. You have to find someone you trust. Check out the thread that I attached, lots of good info and happy people (at least those who got the work done):

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13427

Its also an opportunity to get some mods done at less than normal labor rates (i.e. exhaust, intake, pistons, cams, etc).

Dave

·
Registered
639 Posts
Buflow, it's all up to you. Do the best you can to find a dealer that can and will take care of you. Good luck. And remember [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif], this is what Yamaha thinks is GOOD Customer Service!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This ain't no kiddy ride at the park, We jump onto these things and hurl ourselves down the road -- sometimes real fast!
I'm just suddenly not feeling so good about this. I know how scary maintenance can look but this really seems scary. Not if it was done in a great shop but done in a dealer shop especially this close to riding season. You know they will be in a hurry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used to worry about the same thing!, but now the recall work has been done and the bike is still as new (1st class dealer)I now don't worry about the transmission locking up!!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
It's way too early in my opinion to call it good work or not-so-good work. It's not just the obvious problems that are the concern here, it's the not-so-obvious ones that will take some time to develop.

·
Registered
639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Buflow

I agree, like that "kinda" stripped casing bolt hole or two.

Yes indeed Buflow; my "Selling Dealer" has already taken care of that possibility for me . . . by promptly stripping out one of the oil line flange bolts AND THEN leaving it that way so that it seeped oil. This happened at my 600 mile initial service. [B)]

You are correct to be concerned. [^]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts