RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV1700
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going hang out with some friends tonight, and thought i'll take the Warrior because its nice out and because I can.

And yeah the night went a little differently than planned... Im okay, the ER did a bunch of tests and scans and basically i'm just bruised and cut up a little, no breaks, no internal bleeds... no concussions...

I can not say the same for the Warrior

So I was headed south on a road, and there was someone sitting in the median facing north without their headlights or blinkers on trying to turn left, and they turned in front of me, and I didn't have time to safely stop nor did I have the room to go around them... And yeah, ran into them at probably 30-40mph because I think I locked the tires up trying to stop/slow down. Honestly its all a little bit of a blur, I remember thinking "better not turn, Oh F I need to stop, well i guess this is how it ends..."

The bikes frame was broken on the first impact. I could not safely get it out of the road on my own, I tried to pick it up and the forks were lifted up... but not the rest of the bike, and it was dumping gas, so I didn't want to drag it. I got out of the road and to safety... and like a minute later another car smashed into it. And that took it from 2 pieces to 3+ pieces.

Called the Cops to make sure they took statement and got insurance information....
Called the GF who made an hour drive in like 40 mins, and called a friend to pick me up to take me to the ER.

And yeah just got home, I really liked my Warrior, I working on trying to find someone to fix the paint to make it look pretty again, and maybe even have it dyno tuned since the dealership the gf works at was offering discounted dyno tunes to get people in and looking at their stock...

but... now thats not really on the tables.

I will say, as sad as it is to lose the Warrior, I got pretty lucky to be unharmed as much as I was, and I put that partially on the warrior itself, during the first impact the frame broke and I feel like that took a lot of the force and redirected it.

Pics attached, no low ball offers, I know what I got.

Attachments

· [Retired Admin-SuperMod]
32,040 Posts
@Girrrrrrr2

This is terrible news. Even the Desertboy13 bike will not help you fix this. Unbelievable. Silver lining is you seem to be okay so you must have geared-up. And that new helmet saved your prominent chin brother.

You haven't been here long, about half a year, but you fit-in real well and you accomplished alot. It's an unbelievable outcome, completely unfair to you and your girlfriend. Hoping the lightless-cager's insurance covers your needs.

This is a case where it's probably a good idea to sell both bikes to a mc salvage yard and/or take the insurance payout, and either way maybe you can post that wrecking yard's contact info for members who might need some bit that somehow survived the double whammy.

I'm very glad you're doing well physically. The mental whammy will pass quickly because you posted wassup here and let us know, and many here have been in exactly the same situation. It can happen to anyone. You were smart. Hopefully you'll be back!

· Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay and you still have your sense of humor intact.

· Administrator/Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,782 Posts
[email protected]!! Really glad you’re telling us about it and not reading it in a newspaper.

And I love your humor on this… always important to keep that intact, even if your bike isn’t.

· Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV1700
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Girrrrrrr2

This is terrible news. Even the Desertboy13 bike will not help you fix this. Unbelievable. Silver lining is you seem to be okay so you must have geared-up. And that new helmet saved your prominent chin brother.

You haven't been here long, about half a year, but you fit-in real well and you accomplished alot. It's an unbelievable outcome, completely unfair to you and your girlfriend. Hoping the lightless-cager's insurance covers your needs.

This is a case where it's probably a good idea to sell both bikes to a mc salvage yard and/or take the insurance payout, and either way maybe you can post that wrecking yard's contact info for members who might need some bit that somehow survived the double whammy.

I'm very glad you're doing well physically. The mental whammy will pass quickly because you posted wassup here and let us know, and many here have been in exactly the same situation. It can happen to anyone. You were smart. Hopefully you'll be back!
I feel like between the parts and everything between the two it could potentially be combined into a frankenwarrior, but id still need some of the bigger parts such as the tank, bars, and idk...I honestly didnt go take a look at it after I got off of it. My friend who took me to the ER took the pics for me.
Ill make sure to figure out where the carcass goes, I dont think ill be taking it back from the insurance company.
The Desertboy bike, theres a shop near me that works on Yamahas, im gonna see if they can use it, if not ill probably post it up here or something.

I was... not as geared up as I could have been... I had my helmet but and boots... but just jeans, leggings and a long sleeve shirt.
Which I know wasnt/isnt the proper amount of gear.

Im still figuring out what comes next...

Holy crap! Glad you're ok. I don't think I've ever seen such a wrecked warrior

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was surprised how much of the bike was just scattered, I went back today and found 2 pieces of the frame on the side of the road and the ECU which looks to be in good shape, which might be going up on the forums soon.

Glad to hear you're okay and you still have your sense of humor intact.
[email protected]!! Really glad you’re telling us about it and not reading it in a newspaper.

And I love your humor on this… always important to keep that intact, even if your bike isn’t.
I feel like going through stage 4 cancer teaches you that if you cant laugh at a shitty situation then the situation is just that much worse.

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes, I got this bike in april, and finally got it to where I wanted it... not too long ago... **** I was still adjusting the preload on the shocks to make the ride better... I didnt even get to do a burnout on it yet... But I cant change that now..

If I had to pick another first bike, I'd go with a Warrior again, and a big part of that is because of this community.

· Registered
2008 Yamaha Warrior
74 Posts
Wow glad you are okay!! You walked away alive and that's the important part! I actually haven't really talked much about it and haven't said anything yet til now but I also wrecked my beloved 06 Midnight Warrior in a very similar way at the beginning of December...lady made a left in front of me trying to shoot a gap in stopped traffic and there was no time for me to do anything. my frame also snapped but definitely not as bad as yours...they totaled it out (chunk of the neck snapped off) and paid me 7k for it. Was 10 miles from hitting 20k miles on her...20 days later and I had every single thing replaced like it never happened...all my gear and I even found another Warrior only a hour from me for sale...2008 with only 5k orginal miles on it. It's not a Midnight (its red) but I was able to buy back my wrecked one for only $600 from the insurance and swap over 95% of the aftermarket things I put on it to the new one....point is..don't let this bring ya down..find another and live to ride another day! Im now on my third Warrior..i dont see myself without one anytime soon because there is nothing else like it! The bike is incredible and the community that has been built here is even more amazing #Warrior4life

· Registered
2006 Warrior, blue with flames.
201 Posts
Nooooo!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Man, sorry to hear and see that!!! Good thing you walked away though and were able to share this. Buy it back from the insurance company and either make back some $ selling salvageable parts OR... Save the parts and make a NEW bike out of a salvage frame.... Hate to see one go down like this.

· Registered
1 Posts
I was going hang out with some friends tonight, and thought i'll take the Warrior because its nice out and because I can.

And yeah the night went a little differently than planned... Im okay, the ER did a bunch of tests and scans and basically i'm just bruised and cut up a little, no breaks, no internal bleeds... no concussions...

I can not say the same for the Warrior

So I was headed south on a road, and there was someone sitting in the median facing north without their headlights or blinkers on trying to turn left, and they turned in front of me, and I didn't have time to safely stop nor did I have the room to go around them... And yeah, ran into them at probably 30-40mph because I think I locked the tires up trying to stop/slow down. Honestly its all a little bit of a blur, I remember thinking "better not turn, Oh F I need to stop, well i guess this is how it ends..."

The bikes frame was broken on the first impact. I could not safely get it out of the road on my own, I tried to pick it up and the forks were lifted up... but not the rest of the bike, and it was dumping gas, so I didn't want to drag it. I got out of the road and to safety... and like a minute later another car smashed into it. And that took it from 2 pieces to 3+ pieces.

Called the Cops to make sure they took statement and got insurance information....
Called the GF who made an hour drive in like 40 mins, and called a friend to pick me up to take me to the ER.

And yeah just got home, I really liked my Warrior, I working on trying to find someone to fix the paint to make it look pretty again, and maybe even have it dyno tuned since the dealership the gf works at was offering discounted dyno tunes to get people in and looking at their stock...

but... now thats not really on the tables.

I will say, as sad as it is to lose the Warrior, I got pretty lucky to be unharmed as much as I was, and I put that partially on the warrior itself, during the first impact the frame broke and I feel like that took a lot of the force and redirected it.

Pics attached, no low ball offers, I know what I got.
I am glad you are ok. That's the most important thing. Anything is replaceable except your life.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts