RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past friday night, My girlfriend and I headed out to Bithlo Speed World, just east of Orlando, to watch Sam race his mean green Warrior. Unfortunately, we couldn't stick around too long since it was my better half's birthday but she was nice enough to indulge me, anyway. I managed a few good shots of Sam and, I hope you don't mind, Sam, here they are:

PS - WE GOTTA GET MORE OF YOU PEOPLE FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA OUT HERE! The Victory people seem to show up pretty strong, so it's time to put your money where your mouth is and bring out the rumble!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
Great pics.  Any idea what times were posted!

Thank you, and he was in the low 11's when I saw him run. I know he ran, again, afterwards but I didn't get to watch.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Those shots are perfect. Like a Professional photographer took them (the first few anyway). You should have stuck around, its not like your woman wont have another birthday.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
antitech1 said:
Those shots are perfect. Like a Professional photographer took them (the first few anyway). You should have stuck around, its not like your woman wont have another birthday.

You're trying to get my butt kicked, aren't you? I think you are.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I see he painted it green now! As far as getting people to come out, I live in Geneva, so i'm not far. I need to get the Cobra out there anyway. Let me know when you guys are going to the track again. I would like to meet some Warrior Owners around here.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey gang,

Actually the bike is neon yellow. The track lights sometimes show up as a green tinge because of the weird color spectrum of the lights.

I have been as quick as 11.040 at 117 with this setup. Keep in mind, unlike the earlier version, no more nitrous, no wheelie bars, and all speedstar components. One of my biggest problems (besides me) is that I'm having a hard time getting consistent launches. I'm kind of a pu**y and a little timid, but I'm getting more comfortable without the wheelie bars. Also, the piston rings have not quite seated yet. Unfortunately, the bike has no street time since last rebuild, and I'm still getting some leakdown with the new rings. I'm working with an engineer at Total Seal who is getting me a set of their rings that include a gapless top ring and napier style second ring. He guarantees an almost instant seal and tells me that this is the best setup for a race only bike. We'll see, stay tuned.

Next event I'll be running at will be in two weeks. Friday night. Gates open at 6, lanes close at 10. $10 to watch, another $5 to run. PM me or Shawnzilla if you want to meet up. I'll help you out any way I can, so don't feel intimidated.

Sam

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cltgt said:
I see he painted it green now! As far as getting people to come out, I live in Geneva, so i'm not far. I need to get the Cobra out there anyway. Let me know when you guys are going to the track again. I would like to meet some Warrior Owners around here.

Hey Bro, Luc mentioned to me that he met with you at Biketoberfest - If you live in Geneva, you're not too far from either of us! Let's go riding! Hit us up anytime you're interested.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Guys and Gals - Sam has told me that he's running this friday night at the Bithlo dragstrip. I'll make sure to be there with my camera, so come on down and let's hang out and give Sam our support!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
My wheels came in finally. Went to see them today. They are putting the bike together. Started late this afternoon. Maybe (crosses fingers) I'll have it by Friday and get some miles on it by coming to meet you guys!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ruckus said:
My wheels came in finally. Went to see them today. They are putting the bike together. Started late this afternoon. Maybe (crosses fingers) I'll have it by Friday and get some miles on it by coming to meet you guys!

SWEET!

I'm glad you're finally going to have a complete bike! I can't wait to see it and make her pose dirty for my camera.

Austin Powers style: YEAH BABY, YEAH BABY, YOU'RE SEXY, OH YEAH, YOU'RE RANDY! YEAH YEAH, NO NO NO! *click click click*

·
Registered
661 Posts
Shawnzilla said:
SWEET!

I'm glad you're finally going to have a complete bike! I can't wait to see it and make her pose dirty for my camera.

Austin Powers style: YEAH BABY, YEAH BABY, YOU'RE SEXY, OH YEAH, YOU'RE RANDY! YEAH YEAH, NO NO NO! *click click click*
LOL, nut! I'm gonna come out there early. You working Friday? Let me know, we can meet up somewhere for a beer before we go.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My friend, I work from home - come as early as you like! Maybe we can convince Luc to get out of work early and ride with us, too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Shawnzilla said:
Maybe we can convince Luc to get out of work early and ride with us, too.
\

Yeah, takes lots of arm twisting to make me leave work and ride Eva.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts