RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have to say is that I have no regrets. This bike is awesome and the torque is so addicting. Picked it up for a steal, 2002, 1900 miles for $6300 bucks. With the trade in I only owe a grand!! Just wanted to introduce my self and ask a question or two. Can anyone tell what kind of slip on I have? I have looked all over and cant find any that look like it. Also, where can I get a plate relocation kit that either puts the plate behind the belt drive or behind the passenger pegs. Thanks in advance. Eric

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Welcome, NICE lookin warrior to start out of the gates with brother!Tell us a little more about it. Is that a 240 I see on the rear or 210? any big air? PCIII ?? I own the same color and year. Bought mine 2 years ago with around 4k miles on it. Now I have 11,000 and love every mile on it!. Anyway, welcome and be safe!!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome, Esoteric. That exhaust that you have is not a slip on exhaust at all. It is a Hard Krome Xccellerator full exhaust.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. Ok so that is a full system them, I just wonder what brand it is. I might be picking up a rinehart set though pretty soon hopefully. As far as mods go i think thats that stock rear but ill check. It has some custom risers and matching mirrors, the pipe and the grips as well. Im new to the whole twin world, came from this:

·
Registered
69 Posts
looks like my genuine Yamaha risers(maybe 4"). I also left the sportbike world ('04 R1) and although I loved that bike I have no regrets moving to the warrior. welcome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I moved from my 04XB12S to the Warrior. ZX Ninjas before that. I feel as if I have finally found a bike that is for me. The Buell just sits now. Yep - gonna sell it! Welcome and they are not kidding about the mod craziness! So many things to do so little money! haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya im having no regrets and its great. Now I just have to figure out how to work on belt drives and twin stuff....I was trying to find out the tranny recall info to see if this bike is affected. How do you know if it has to be done? How do I know if my bike is one of these models:
All 2002 XV17PCPAll 2002 XV17PCPCAll 2003 XV17PCRAll 2003 XV17PCRC

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
call Yami with your VIN and they can tell ya everything

Welcome to the forum - First time seeing that exhaust, for some good window shoping go tohttp://www.phatperformanceparts.com/

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome to the forums Eso. Give Yamaha USA a call regarding the recalls, have your Chassis number at hand and they'll be able to tell you if your bike is due the recall work or if it has already been completed. All 2002 & 2003 models needed the tranny recall done I seem to remember, some needed the TPS recall and I think that all need the CPS recall (three in total for your year of bike). The Yammi dealers were supposed to add a little asterix * to your chassis plate if the recall work was done but calling the Yammi Help Line line is the best course of action for you IMHO.

·
Registered
551 Posts
According to this post, its called an accelerator or xccelerator pipe, I dont know the maker though.
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50115

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome to the forum my friend, you should be arrested for grand theft auto because for $6300.00 bucks you stole that bike, a graet buy on the bike should mean more money for mods but beware, once you start its hard to stop. good luck and safe riding

·
Registered
477 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum,second from the picture that you post of your previous bike you must like to lean,so be careful what pipes you gone put on bike because most of them including the Rinehart's which are very nice with a good #'s on power are low and scraping.
Pipes with very good clearance and power are the Speedstar,Muzy's
and Pro pipe by V&H.
As for license plate bracket you can get eliminator fender kit and put it under the rear fender and it looks very clean IMO.
You can use the search button and find a lot of info.about anything you want.
Again welcome aboard and enjoy your new ride....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I too have a 2002 Indigo that I bought last year. Good looking bike you have, the guys here are great and help a lot. Look to the classified's here before buying the mods you might be interested in. Let the mod mayhem begin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts