RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I don't have any pics to post now cause my '06 is in TN, but I like the site. I'm planning a road trip when I get back and was wondering about seats. My buddy has a BMW, which is the ugliest thing I've ever seen (I don't know how he gets comments about it when we're riding) but I like the seat. The little passenger seat flips can up and act as a back support. I was wondering if you guys have seen anything with that function that doesn't look ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Hey tiger , wecome to the 4m. Thanks for your service and be careful. As far as the seat you were asking about , heres a link to the Corbin Rumble .Its the same one I have and it is very comfortable. You can pick what ever type leather to go on the seat and have stitching added for no extra cost.

http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/warrior_flip.shtml

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
tiger1007,

Welcome to the forums! And thank you for your service to our country...Be sure to come home safe and sound!

As for a seat...Well...There's a trick to riding the Warrior with a stock seat. That is ride as fast as you can from Point A to Point B. Then you won't have any time to be uncomfortable...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Good Luck!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome aboard and thank you for your service. Either a corbin seat or a mustang touring seat will greatly improve ride comfort. Depending on your height forward controls or different handle bars may help as well. I have found that even a small change in the way you sit on the bike can make a big difference in ride comfort.

Thanks again and be Safe[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Administrator
28,384 Posts
One of the BMW oem seat features is the flip-up rider backrest. There are kits to convert it to a passenger backrest. The closest thing I've seen for the 2006 is the Corbin w/removeable rider and passenger backrest, like the dual tour. But the backrests don't flip down. The Mustang is IMO a much better and more comfortable seat, but its made for the 2003-4 and needs a minor mod for 2005+ and still doesn't have a flip-down rider backrest like the oem BMW for some models.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Welcome aboard and thanks for serving! Hopefully you will be home soon so you can ride and continue complaining about your seat!!! Sounds like your looking for the Rumble, as has been previously stated!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Thanks for your service, God Bless you and stay safe...

I have the Corbin Rumble and it's very comfortable. I didn't like the look until I saw it in person. Hold out for a deal on Ebay, I got mine for under 300 delivered slightly used. They want like 700 new.

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have the Mustang and would recomend it for road trips. I've traveled 550 miles in one day without getting saddle sore. This is how I setup for a road trip.

Insert Image:

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
1st Tiger - Thank You for your service to us. Come home safe and soon.

Now as others have said. Corbin and Mustang on the big names in seats. Go with which ever moves you. The mounting system for the '02 & '03s is different from the other years.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome Tiger, and thanks for the freedom. We're enjoying it over here. +1 on the rumble. I have the Corbin Young Guns (strictly a 1-up seat), and it is far more comfortable than the stocker.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts