RS Warrior Forum banner

Front Axle Not Coming out

485 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Desertboy13 
#1 ·
I've searched, I've googled, and this thing is still not coming out. I've tried heat, breaker bars, PB blaster and an impact gun. The only thing I've been successful at so far is breaking extensions and starting to deform the hex in the axle. So I'd like to make sure I have my facts straight:

-There's only ONE pinch bolt, and it's behind the right fork guard. Mine is currently sitting on the garage floor.
-The axle is standard thread, meaning lefty loosey.
-The commonly accepted tool for getting the axle loose is a spark plug socket used backwards.

The axle should be torqued to like 50 ft-lbs or something. I've (200+ lbs) stood on the ratchet and bounced on it and it won't budge. What am I missing?

#5 ·
@somedude451 order or pickup this one from Home Depot.

I bought two of those. One is kept with toolkit under seat and other in my toolbox. Just slides in front axle hex hole snug and then use 19mm socket with breaker bar or torque wrench on it. IMHO, better fit than using spark plug socket backwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.