RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone though about removing the factory front blinkers and mounts and relocating a set of aftermarket smaller ones on the sides of the headlight? I took it apart and it looks like the mounts could be put back about an inch and a half or so. The wiring is already in the housing, it comes out of the bottom already. A set of dual filament bulbs would have the right load with no extra parts needed. I figure a neoprene washer would be OK to seal the holes that would have to be drilled. It seems like it would go together alright as long as the holes were drilled straight, even and not that far back. LP and a few others make some aluminum frame shorts stalks. Anyone tried it or have any thoughts. If I give it a shot I'll include some pics.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yep, i thought about it, but didn't do it. i was afraid with tme that the vibration would eventually crack the housing. in fact, i think this actually did happen to someone, but i can't remember who it was. have you thought about removing the reflectors on the lower front forks and mounting something there. i put some flush mounts on those brackets, and may eventually change them to something mounted on short stems. several guys have custom fabricated their own brackets and used the mounting holes for the front brake lines to attach them.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already removed all the reflectors and trimmed the mudflap. I figured the neoprene would take up the vibrations if one was one the outside and another on the inside. Besides there are already several holes in in the housing from YAMAHA. And this way has almost no cost except what you pick out for new blinkers.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
LowStar did this to his Warrior. Looked kind of Funny to myself, but to each their own. He used Kuryakyn Mini-Bullet's. Look in the Gallery.

·
Registered
284 Posts
On the 2003 Yamaha road tour they had several of their custom warriors with the turn signals mounted to the headlight housing. Check the gallery I posted a picture of one of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts