RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem? I tried to do a burnout last night and the front brake would not hold the bike from rolling. Is it that the Bridgestone BT-20 is too sticky or is it the brakes? I did a burnout earlier in the day but there was some sand on the pavement so it spun pretty easy.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
No problemo here. It burns out effortlessly for me.

Are you completely off the seat & standing, offloading weight off the rear tire.

You do have the front barkes fully enaged?

What type of surface are you doing it on?

I can maybe see the front sliding on smooth concrete... ala garage floor. But asphault and concrete street, I have no problems.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The front brake should easily lock the front tire. Is it rolling the skidding? If it's rolling you have a problem. If it slides, then you need to put more weight on the front tire and less on the back. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
depends on the temp of the rear tire, the pavement... weight, rpm's... alot of variables.

i made a nice smiley-face burnout with my 200mm the other day. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
no problem here either. I always puch down the front and lift my bud off the seat. Make sure you apply enough power to get the rear spinning. If you are too easy opn it it might not spin free and push the bike forward with locked front brake.

·
Registered
284 Posts
No problem with my front brakes holding, I have to hold a lot harder and put more weight on the front if the tire is cold. I have bridgestones also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
no problems here either just make sure you are not sitting on the seat when you do it and make sure you pull the brake all the way in.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it may have been a combination of my FAT A$$ some what sitting on it and the tire being cold. Also may not be putting enough wieght on the front. Thanks guys and girlz I'll try not to put any of my 310 pound on the bike.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
How strong is the gavitational pull on your planet? Have you ridden through glue lately? What size engine does your Vespa have? /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
310 pounds on that seat might help the rear tire hook up a bit quicker.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] I think you may have solved the problem by standing up!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yep, there is a huge difference between sitting and standing. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
784 Posts
Once you have the front brake locked, try to keep the revs around 2000 to 2500 and let out on the clutch. Once the back tire breaks free, I can keep the back tire humming along 2000 rpm all day long........well, I could if I didn't run outta rubber first....LOL Good luck to ya!! Once you get that down, try busting it loose while taking off. Massive cool factor. I've done a rolling burnout at about 40 mph not too long ago.....I still can't get that **** grin off my face....hehe

JJ

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by snakeyezzz

I think it may have been a combination of my FAT A$$ some what sitting on it and the tire being cold. Also may not be putting enough wieght on the front. Thanks guys and girlz I'll try not to put any of my 310 pound on the bike.
[8D]The tire being cold is better than hot. Some advice, use 1/4 of 90w grease over the rear tire[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Just kidding. Enjoy your Warrior.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
273 Posts
No problem here just twist up the wick to about 3700 rpm and feather off the clutch and light her up like a top fule funney car AWSOME!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the same problem, found out my tire pressure was to low and it just planted to well. I have NEVER done a burnout on a bike before and still havent.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts