RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have noticed that my front end dives to the point I only have an inch of travel left, I tried going in on my dampner adjuster to the the third line. Did stiffen the ride a bit but didn't stop the dive, any suggestions , fork oil, stiffer springs ? the bike has 17K on it so it wouldn't hurt to change it, what should I use any help I'm

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Yep based on dive and age (not miles) its likely time to service the forks, during which you will discover if new springs are needed also (probably not but who knows).

BTW notice in the manual that the front preload has an allowable range so don't go beyond line 1 or 8. In fact IMO don't go beyond line 2 or 7. And if you crank to down to max preload and get spring noise then back both off a line. Its important both legs are adjusted identically.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a manual but find it lacking in some things, I have never done a fork oil change, I can't believe its that hard, Arizona are you saying I should take the cap off and check the springs, I'll shut up and wait for your answer

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
I have a manual but find it lacking in some things, I have never done a fork oil change, I can't believe its that hard, Arizona are you saying I should take the cap off and check the springs, I'll shut up and wait for your answer
You should plan on at minimum fluid and seals, and check the already disassembled springs to spec in manual while its open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts