RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
From what you describe, take a deep breath and loosen-and-jiggle it. Check the e-manual. Its simple and its a VERY COMMON FIX for this exact thing. Plus, when a fork bends you can see it. Breathe. Loosen. Jiggle. Easy.
I'll try it tomorrow, then I'll know if it's time to get the fork seals replaced cuz they leak

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
From what you describe, take a deep breath and loosen-and-jiggle it. Check the e-manual. Its simple and its a VERY COMMON FIX for this exact thing. Plus, when a fork bends you can see it. Breathe. Loosen. Jiggle. Easy.
But after a small tangle with another rider my steering is off so I'm guessing I bent a fork some making a change necessary.....i guess I'm looking for low cost but best outcome to address repairs that I hope get it back to the beast I love

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
It sounds exactly like my Spiked Warrior when I bought it. And at first I thought it was bent. I did pretty much what arizonawarrior suggested and it improved. My handlebars were also slightly bent, so then I fixed them. I ended up having to loosen the fork clamps again and physically twist them back to get it straight. It is perfectly straight now as far as I can tell, and I didn't have to replace anything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll try it today, i didn't think about that cuz everything looks pretty straight, it's just in the way the bike turns. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well i loosened up the forks, when I juggled them they dropped down lol, I had to put them back up and tighten it all back up, it did make a difference, i noticed at real low speed it wants to flop to a side much more than I ever noticed before but the short test ride seems like it takes about the same amount of counter steer both directions, is there anything else besides the forks that affect the way the tripple tree lines up?
That's for the help, recovering from trauma even small is no fun.

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
IMO ride it awhile and see wassup. Sometimes when you are paying attention to something it seems greater.

If it still seems to flop then the hassle of a steering nut adjustment might be on the menu. There are various flop tests but its useless until you ride it awhile subsequent to what you already finished.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
IMO ride it awhile and see wassup. Sometimes when you are paying attention to something it seems greater.

If it still seems to flop then the hassle of a steering nut adjustment might be on the menu. There are various flop tests but its useless until you ride it awhile subsequent to what you already finished.
Thanks, I will need to address the forks since the oil saturated the breaks and I use the front brake most....i may just swap them out and put on the gaffer pads and braided lines see how it does. I got a lower triple from a member and am looking at the forks another has so may all come together is probably overkill but i already have issues with these forks not holding a seal.

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
I remember you posted its leaking a couple times, it sounded like just damp but now it sounds like trouble. Yep its time for a rebuild up front. That might provide the opportunity to inspect the steering bearings etc.

Sometimes life gets in the way of checking actual repair needs. But likely you have already found forks around here for sale.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I remember you posted its leaking a couple times, it sounded like just damp but now it sounds like trouble. Yep its time for a rebuild up front. That might provide the opportunity to inspect the steering bearings etc.

Sometimes life gets in the way of checking actual repair needs. But likely you have already found forks around here for sale.
Lol, no it leaks puddles each time, last time I asked if bushings or something more needed done.....i think it would make me more hopeful to change them out, i should probably invest in the tools to do the seals myself, I'm very capable and prefer doing things myself, it's just been convenient to take it in, but not a good experience either time......i think I want to upgrade the front springs anyway its lil softer than I'd like and I upgraded rear suspension long ago.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts