RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got them on thanks to Steve (patriotins). He came up to my house last night after working all day and helped with my bike until 1 o'clock in the morning! . Great guy! We wired the eclipze modules per instructions. Running lights were very bright, but the turn signals WAY dim. We tried every way possible. Still dim. So, we removed the eclipze modules, wired them, and mounted them to the brake/clutch levers as turn signal only. They look great. Very bright. I cut small strips of painters tape, covered the area just where the lights are, and painted the housing black. Now they don't blind me when they're on. LOL. I'll get another set and mount them on the trees for running lights. Thanks again Steve!Took a pic pictures to actually time when the flasher was on....lol.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That looks sweet. It is the perfect solution for anyone with the integrated tail light. Blinkers on the front of a bike without matching ones in the back, just doesnt look ritght to me. What you did is very stealth, very cool.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Very nice job.I realy like those.I have turns mounted to the bottom of my forks but nobody sees them.I have been looking for something to put higher.I think that is it.Where did you get these,what is the part #,how much did they cost.Thanks .Very nice job with them again.

·
Premium Member
8,720 Posts
Ruckus ... In referencing your earlier post : LED front turn signal/running lights.and my several responses, i suggest you connect either a LEQ as was recommended or temporarily connect at least one of the stock signals only for trouble shooting (Running light not req'd) toone of your chosen turn signalsbefore condemning the Eclipse modules. Just be sure it is wired per the Vendor instructions. The factory T/S will restore the load and should correct the flash rate as designed. Bright-Off-Bright.....

My .02 .....The dim light sounds like a feedback situation through the instrument cluster which is typicalso you'll need to increase the load in the T/S circuit as discussed in great detail in the aforementioned post.

Good luck

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alan, I'm going to appologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on the wiring subject. I have absolutely no understanding of wiring schematics or terminology, so, hang in there with me. When I cut the stock lights off (see, I'm stupid, could have unplugged them in the bucket) there was a small light that stayed on in the speedo, even with the key off. Should have been a red flag right there. We wired both lights and a LEQ Steve had with him per vender instructions with your help on what bike wire was what. Got the dim light AND click of death (have to shut off bike with switch not kickstand). I'll try wiring in one of the LEQ's tonight. My question is, just cut the wires you specify, strip both ends, and twist the two cut ends to the wires you specify on the LEQ? Are the bike wires in the headlight bucket or under the seat? Please be very specific, I'm a tard but I want to fix this. I still don't understand the whole COD thing or the proper way to fix it. I bought a 12VDC Automotive relay to fix the COD. I just don't know what to do with it. Could the way we wired the lights be causing my speedo problem (speedo light blinking off and on) and the needle not moving? I printed all your responses on how to wire this stuff and tried to follow your instructions. I must not be understanding, or I missed something altogether. Again, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all that helped! I had to cut, strip, and solder EVERY wire connection in the headlight bucket, major pain! Seems it didn't have a good ground on the LEQ's. Works great now. Nice and bright as running and signal lights! No need for a second set! Woot woot. Fixed the speedo too. New face plate screw holes didn't line up perfectly. That caused it ti bind and bow a bit. The needle got hung up on the bow. Everything works good now. It's 5 AM, I can sleep now! LOL. Big high five to Arizona Warrior, AlanH, and royal5!! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arizona Warrior said:
Good news! Now, when you wake up zzzzzzzzzzz, maybe you'll post a pic of the whole front of the bike with one signal flashing and the other side just running light, because I'm interested in this mod!
I'm up....I'm up alread....lol. Here's 2 pics. one running lights, one with right signal flashing. On my way to bike show/rib feast in ST Pete. Thanks again Mike!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, gave me friggin' chest pains. But sure, I'll get a materials list together and post it. It looks great! I can't be the first one to do this Mod. I got the idea from others on here about the LED's. Just kinda fell on the location.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts