RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front left signal is not working AND when I select left, the rear flashes at a faster pace than the right (which both front and back work). Can someone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you checked the bulb and that's not the issue then you must have a loose positive wire (loose ground would blow the fuse as I've discovered in the past). If it's not disconnected from the turn signal itself, trace the wire all the way to the relay and look for disconnections.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you checked the bulb and that's not the issue then you must have a loose positive wire (loose ground would blow the fuse as I've discovered in the past). If it's not disconnected from the turn signal itself, trace the wire all the way to the relay and look for disconnections.

The running light works just fine. Is the turn light a separate bulb?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Since the running light works, the ground wire is Ok.
It's one bulb with two separate positive wires, and two separate threads in the bulb (5W for running light and 21W for turning signal).
Check the bulb (either with an Ohm meter or just by looking), is the bulb Ok, you will have to follow the cable and check some points with a Volt meter.
Since the rear flasher works, there is no fault in the switch (or the relay).

If you don't have the meters, you can try switching the right and left front bulb and see if the fault stays or moves together with the bulb...

·
Registered
867 Posts
The same thing just happen to me, but the opposite of you. The running light on the front left blinker was out, but the blinking was working fine when I selected left.
This caused fast blinking on the rear left blinker. I removed the bulb and it had a black spot on it indicating one of the filaments blew. I put in a new bulb and all came back to normal...the running light is back on the front left blinker and blinking is normal speed everywhere.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s great! I hope my issue is just as simple.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Depends on the year of your bike
2005 and up with clear lenses take BAZ15D-3 (3 prong socket) amber bulbs

To my understandind, 02-04 take 1156 rear, 1157 front.
The 1157 is not the same as the BAZ15D-3, it will not fit due it having 2 prongs instead if 3

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While out riding tonight, my left signal was working while at speed. What gives?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
Remove the culprit bulb and check it with a multi-meter to make sure both filaments have continuity. If the bulb is good, then the only other thing I could think of is that there's a contact issue causing an intermittent problem. Try cleaning the contacts on the bulb as well as the contact points inside the flasher case with electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OK so I checked it today and it worked fine but when I came to a stop and then start to fritz again I did take the bulb out in reseated it but it appears to be an electrical issue.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No bulb not replaced or socket cleaned. All looks clean.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts