RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....looking for honest feedback. Made a new Front Pulley cover from the existing one.

I almost think the crystal is little too large. It's hard to photograph the LED's, but you get the idea. I have red LED's over the top of the jugs too, so it seems to add to it.

Good or bad....what say ye?

I almost think it won't stay, but I really dislike the 'speaker' (stock cover) and am trying to think of a way to keep all the shapes in the cover but change the overall look.

****sorry, don't have time to crop the photos*****

·
Registered
989 Posts
Looks cool with the LEDs, but in daylight it is just eh. The gold colored nut for the pully is killing the look, maybe if that was painted black it would look a little better.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sin_City_Warrior.......thanks. I keep looking at it and thinking the same thing. Wonder how it looks when someone comes up next to me. I am sure I will know that soon.

Arrizona Warrior....Screen.....I will look at that and see if that can fill it up nicely. Maybe that will tone down the size of it too.

The bolt and the area behind the pulley will have to fully black too.....

Thanks for the feedback....

·
Registered
963 Posts
I really like the idea, but defeats the purpose of the naked pulley. I would do one or the other. But a great idea. keep refining it.

Aaron

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Smooth the welds on the pulley, then have it chromed. Then it would rock. Oh and don't forget to paint the nut.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Paint the nut & I think you should paint the cases behind the pulley.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I would put some black mesh in there to hide the pully and make the star really pop. Plus at night the leds would still show really well. Great idea!

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Judge2008...RhatPhelgm....thanks

More useful info, thanks.

I think I would paint the nut and the background before chroming since then I can move to chroming if the black doesn't make it.

Thanks Jabo and Churchkey.....maybe this will work out...

·
Registered
262 Posts
the problem is your flux capacitor is mounted upside down....turn it over and once you hit 88mph....your off!

seriously, I like it...it really looks awesome!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That mesh idea seems worth looking into. It still looked good to me Saturday in the day but I think because it was in the shaded garage at the time it wasn't a true view. A black mesh though.... hmm... I bet you can really do something slick there.

You remember that light up Victory logo on the Visions we looked at? If you decide you don't like it as exposed you could even cut a hole the size of the crystal in a piece of sheet metal and then maybe some other complimentary pattern as well, mount the crystal in the hole and attach it with the LEDs shining through behind it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
royale5 said:
Looks cool with the LEDs, but in daylight it is just eh. The gold colored nut for the pully is killing the look, maybe if that was painted black it would look a little better.
YES.....YES....paint it ALL black! Black black black! LOL. Looks GREAT! What a good idea! Bet it looks killer at night!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The night picture looks sweet! I agree with the rest of the gang, mesh it, paint the nutblack & roll on. That is very original thinking.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts