RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I began to look for a quick disconnect fitting for my air compressor having heard they fit the hex bolt holding the front tire, I soon realized that this was not going to be easy getting a wrench on this thing and getting enough in the bolt to turn it. There has got to be an easier way I thought looking into my puney toolbox. Then I seen it! The wrench end of a standard spark plug removal socket is the same size as the Quick disco fitting. So here is all you need:

3/4 ratchet, spark plug socket, and a 4" ext.

" mce_src="

and viola! Easily remove front tire with fashioned wrench!

" mce_src="

Hope this is as useful as I found it :)

Jason

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
johnpettywarrior said:
Why even send a reply like that?
Maybe to let others know that there's a bunch of cool tricks (like the one you discovered for yourself) that can be found with a little searching out here. I seriously doubt he meant to make you feel bad about your post. You showed detailed pictures which are a good contribution (in my opinion) to the topic. Now let's all have a beer. You buy.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Good job. I like it. Having an '02 I had to come up with something a long time ago and tried many different things but that wasnt one of them. A quick tack weld and toss it in the bike bag. I ended up with a bolt and double nuts but I have a dozen of old plug wrenches around and may make me a spare.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Shag said:
johnpettywarrior said:

Maybe to let others know that there's a bunch of cool tricks (like the one you discovered for yourself) that can be found with a little searching out here. I seriously doubt he meant to make you feel bad about your post. You showed detailed pictures which are a good contribution (in my opinion) to the topic. Now let's all have a beer. You buy.
Jason .... just my thoughts here .... i think in days gone by, before you & Trick were members, the forum moderators were sensitive to repetitive topics that were clearlycovered by others possibly because of the lack of storage space on the old servers withthe earlier software. In those days the jpeg photos were hosted on the rswarrior server and not off site as is the case now. Often times these posts were also LOCKED!

As stated, "You showed detailed pictures which are a good contribution (in my opinion)" too and might i add that the spark plug socket must benot less than 13/16"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys
Didn't mean to seem so sensitive LOL! I just wonder why post something that doesn't seem tobenefit or informanyone positively. We are all of a common thread here (pardon the pun) . We LOVE this bike!And maybe" trick" meant nothing more thanwhat you said AlanH, but when I come across something that saves me time and money I want to tell you guys! IDID search for "front tire removal." That is how I found out about the quick disconnect fitting trick! I did not see anything like what I figured out.But, Ididn't think for a minute I was the only one. I justthought I would make the next newbies removal a little easier

My point is- it didn't hurt my feelings, but I tend to call 'em like I see'em. And that reply just rubbed me the wrong way in that it served no purpose except to let me know it had already been done. It didn't really benefit anyone!.....OK now we can turn off the sappy 80's "big speech" music and go have that beer!!!! LMAO!!

Rock on Trick I ain't mad at'cha!

Jason

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
johnpettywarrior said:
OK now we can turn off the sappy 80's "big speech" music and go have that beer!!!! LMAO!!

Jason
Sounds good but... you're buying, right?

/cheap ***

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
When I saw the title of the thread, I was all ready to mention the sparkplug wrench trick. It usually comes up once or twice a year. Think it's posted in Frequently asked Questions. Good to see that good ideas are thought of by more than one person.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
A "Threaded Coupling Nut" is what I use and keep in the tool pouch under the seat.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I used the bolt with 2 nuts as mine.small enough to keep in tool bag.All of my sparkplug sockets have a round area not letting the extension through backwards.Its hard to find one that will allow going through backwards.

·
Registered
893 Posts
c'mon now i wasn't rippin on ya, i was happy you found that technique. i was just sayin it was on this forum and is actually how i discovered it and used it on my front tire as well.

and to what alan said, some, most, of the moderators and older members here get on ya for not searchin first, it's how i was "trained" to do things on this forum. search first, ask questions after.

i do apologize if it came across harsh, it was not my intent.

johnpettywarrior said:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts