RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went into the dealer to find out why the **** my 07 Warrior that I bought new at the end of Jun already has a dry rotting front tire. "

Well youve been riding hard and thats what is causing it. It just needs to be replaced" is what he told me. I find it hard to believe that that would cause the dry rotting and as Ive always understood it, dry rotting comes with age. Either way, I have to replace it. Im not going with Dunlop, OEM, ive heard to many bad things about their dinosaur design. And every1 is screaming Avon everywhere I go. So my question is, which Avon. I was at bikebandit.com looking at the Avon Viper Supersport AV59 and the Avon Storm AV55. Or what about the AV45 Azaro Sport?

Which one takes the bait? Or do you have another suggstion? Im hopefully putting a 250 in the back this winter so I would want somthing that has a matching rear that can hold up to my calm and graceful riding.."cough...BS...cough"

Any info will help.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Derek, if I'm not mistaken Avon Storms AV55 supersede Avon Azaros AV45's...

Check if theymake Vipers in the proper size for your front wheel. They are good too, and it will be the only Avon you can get in 250 if you ever gonna go that route...

·
Registered
826 Posts
You could call your tire manufacturer with DOT number and I'm sure they would have some warranty... But then you'll probably get the same kind of tire, which you don't want... cause I've heared it is somewhat common problem.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Ill check date of production when I get home and the prices at motoxoutlet where LOW. $105 for a Avon Storm front!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts