RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another version for mounting Front Turn Signals. The difference between this and other mounting styles is that the Light Bracket is Rigidly Mounted to the Lower Triple Tree with the Spacer Bushings and Pinch Bolts. The bushing acts as a standoff for the bracket to clear the lower tree.

Brackets laser cut from 12ga (.105") 304 Stainless Steel (SS). Spacer bushings purchased from McMaster Carr in 18-8 SS, 1/2" x 1/2" with 1/4" hole. Re-drilled to 5/16" clearance hole for 8mm Lower Triple Tree Pinch Bolts torqued to 17 ft/lbs. Turn signal mounting hole 3/8" dia. for my application.

Will post pictures of mounted turn signals when done!

1/2" x 1/2" SS Bushing drilled out to 5/16" dia (McMaster Carr).
Air Fasteners has the Proper Spacer drilled in Chrome
M8 thd x 1.25p x 45mm lg Steel Button Hd Bolts (Class 10.9) also available at Air Fastener

[

Insert Image:
[

Insert Image:
[

General Arrangement Drawing:

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
This my friends is the way to go for aftermarket sigs. These are much safer than sliding the bracket between the clamps. I'd reccomend this setup to anyone! ...and no, I'm not getting paid to say this either.

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thank you all for your compliments.
Anyone that wishes a more detailed drawing of the bracket please send me a PM with your e-mail address and i will respond as time permits. I can furnish the drawing in Acad v.14/2000 as well as jpeg format. Just let me know.
It was not my intention to solicit business with the earlier posting but rather to offer up to others a more secure and positive mounting for the front signals and try where possible to use standard parts for the assembly. Therefore, the detailed drawing with specific supplier part numbers for my particular application.

The following (4) included photos depict the laser cut brackets manufactured from No. 2B Stainless Steel Sheet in 304L Alloy. There is some hand work involved to polish the mill finish brackets to eliminate scratches and handling marks on the edges and surface. The pieces shown in these photos were manufactured with the parts in my first posting. Lots of elbow grease and the part finishes like chrome. The laser tolerances are extremely accurate regarding hole sizes and dimensions.I am not in a position to furnish a complete kit or finished parts!
I will on an as needed basis furnish the parts unfinished as a pair per the ad in our Classified.
Anyone that is interested can contact me via PM

PINCH MOUNTING BOLTS S/B CLASS 10.9 TORQUED TO 17ft/lbs

[

[

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Yes, this setup is pretty hot.. I must say... one could make these, given the pattern, have them powder-coated to teh clolor of choice...

bang up.. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the left side signal done this evening. Was waiting for the Grade 10.9 metric button head chrome steel bolts. Had to buy fasteners out of Covina, CA. DONE

[

[

[

[

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
place down the street from ya

Gardner-Westcott Company, Northville, Michigan 1-800-897-5025
http://www.gardner-westcott.com/

1 - 20 of 46 Posts