RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Brian,
GW doesn't catalog over 40mm lg in 8mm dia steel button HD on there web page.
I needed 45mm long...no compromising here with this fastener. Stainless steel is no good for this application @ 17ft/lbs. The soc hd begins to distort!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I was able to get the chrome button head bolts from McFadden-Dale an industrial hardware store close by.... but they cost $5.50 ea.[:0]

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This is where i got the chrome steel button soc hd 8mm x 1.25p x 45mm lg Grade 10.9 pinch bolts for the modification.
They also offer the spacer bushing drilled to 5/16" ID in chrome steel.

http://www.afchromebolts.com/catalog_metric_allen.html

Bolts = $2.38 ea + $3.29 S&H. Took 3 days from Covina, CA to Lowell, MI
No minimum order and they didn't gouge me on the S&H!

quote:Originally posted by 357WARRIOR

I was able to get the chrome button head bolts from McFadden-Dale an industrial hardware store close by.... but they cost $5.50 ea.[:0]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Didn't see this mentioned, but you guys seem to be REAL bolt-heads, so I thought I would mention this. I have used Gardner-Wescott on NUMEROUS occasions for my front pulley bolts, forward control spacers and bolts, and the rear side mount license plate bracket - they have a great motorcycle selection on metric bolts in EVERY type of finish and style, button head, allen, standard hex, etc.

It's at least worth checking out.

By the way - GREAT JOB Alan. If I hadn't already put holes in my headlight assembly I would have done this - great way to clean up all the mess up front. You could probably make a set of these very easily that fit within the stock mounting bolts for the rear fender strut - the rear bolt could hold the fender and a bracket. I used an LED that bolts THROUGH the light so the light actually acts as the rear fender stay bolt - but this would be a cleaner way to go.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was lucky enough to get a set of these from Alan.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] They are excellent pieces of machining - as you can guess from the quality of his presentation here. A little polishing of some minor scratches and mine will be ready to go. I will be using mine to mount driving lights rather than turn signals.

Thanks for the great work Alan.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Excellent job. This eliminates any questions I previously raised about torquing down on the tubes properly. This is gonna be a moneymaker for someone!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great idea.
The simple ideas are always the best. I sent you an email, would really appreciate the CAD file.
Cheers
Fuz

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am having some of these brackets made up and they'll be in polished Stainless Steel. My cost with shipping should be around $24 - $30 per pair. Like others who've had these for sale on the site, I'm not making any money on this deal; just interested in the brackets for myself and if I can help others, then that's cool also. PM me if you're interested and I'll respond when I have the brackets in hand and firm pricing.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
quote:Originally posted by svalenti

I am having some of these brackets made up and they'll be in polished Stainless Steel. My cost with shipping should be around $24 - $30 per pair. Like others who've had these for sale on the site, I'm not making any money on this deal; just interested in the brackets for myself and if I can help others, then that's cool also. PM me if you're interested and I'll respond when I have the brackets in hand and firm pricing.

Sent you a PM

21 - 40 of 46 Posts