RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellows. I am trying to remove my front wheel. Where can I find a tool to remove the shaft. I called the dealer and he stated the there is one in the tool kit. However the one in my tool kit is to small. Any suggetions?

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Blah blah blah I'm not a mechanic, but... this give you any ideas?

That's a 19 mm bolt....
Insert Image:

48.39 KB

Don't forget to loosen the pinch bolt (circled). If you put a couple of nuts on the end of the bolt (where arrow points) then...
Insert Image:

38.75 KB
You could also use a spark plug socket together with a pipe wrench. Think about it...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Used the opposite end of a 5/8" Craftsman spark plug socket with the extension inserted the opposite way.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have a bolt with a 3/4 head, used it as Shaq did. Just jammed three nuts hard together on the bolt. Either end will fit well enough to do the job.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information fellows. I tried the craftsman sparkplug socket and it worked out just great. One thing to remember is that the socket has to be craftsman or it will not work due to the extension not going all the way through. Learned that after trying another type of socket. But I am all set now. Just have to take it to the shop and let them mount and balance then its happy riding again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts