RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,


Im new on your site, love the info thats out here. I just got a new/left over 2007 Warrior. Love it so far. The dealer had a D&D slip-on on it, on the show room floor, and I kind of like the sound, but I think im going to be ordering the Speed* system here this weekend. So, I have the D&D slip-on for sale. It has about 40 miles on it, and looks like new. I dont even think all the packing has burned in yet. Im asking $150 OBO plus shipping. Thanks





Sean Rubin
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hi Sean,

I realize you may not have had a chance to compare the D&D to a stock exhaust, but do you know how much louder the slip-on is than the stock can? Also, do you know if the dealer had installed a Power Commander or changed any ECU settings to run the slip-on?

Thanks,

Bob
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,715 Posts
I ran that D&D for a year back in '03-'04 in Arizona. Its sounds like a 1970 454 SS rolling down the road, a real hot rod sound. On acceleration its loud enough to make you ears bleed, and those of everyone riding behind you. The only problem was the BANG on decel attracted local authorities. I did the -AIS and installed a PC3USB and had a dynotune done. It seldom barked after that and when it did it was not nearly as bad as before. At that time I had stock intake.


The pipe has been out of production for several years. That price is fairly high, you'll see them on ebay every once in awhile for $50 and since they are a slip-on they are mostly all in fairly good shape. You need to be sure you get all the clamping hardware to save a trip to the stainless hardware store.


I've said several times this has been my favorite exhaust, for sound anyway. Its a real hot rod sound. If you do a search on this site you'll find several have sold in recent months. That's because other pipes make more power.


greythunder said:
Hi Sean,


I realize you may not have had a chance to compare the D&D to a stock exhaust, but do you know how much louder the slip-on is than the stock can? Also, do you know if the dealer had installed a Power Commander or changed any ECU settings to run the slip-on?


Thanks,


Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the stocker on right now, and its night and day. The D&D is loud. I dont think the dealer put any PC3 or tune on the bike because it ran smooth but popped decel. I have to up-date the add because I sold the D&D the other day to another member here. Im just awaiting my Speed* order. Other pipes might make more power than the slip on, but for me its more of a sound thing. I like deep and smooth, not loud and raspy, another reason im going with the Speed* set-up..





Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
I bought the D&D from Sean and I think I like it. Don't know how long I'll run with this setup, but the stock unit was WAY too quiet for me. Had some Jardine slip-ons on my last bike and they weren't much different in volume. The only concern I have is the popping on decel. Many thanks to Sean for sending the unit my way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,677 Posts
Ken said:
I bought the D&D from Sean and I think I like it. Don't know how long I'll run with this setup, but the stock unit was WAY too quiet for me. Had some Jardine slip-ons on my last bike and they weren't much different in volume. The only concern I have is the popping on decel. Many thanks to Sean for sending the unit my way!

If you decide to get rid of it at some point, drop me a line. I'm about to install some big shots to try for awhile, but I've had the D&D since 2003 and I love the way it looks and sounds. Unfortunately, it's got a ding on it from falling off the lift.


I think it's robbing my power, so if I ever put it back on, I might try to mate it up with some aftermarket headers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
I ordered a Dynojet Power Commander III yesterday and the folks I bought it from called today indicating they'll even preload the D&D slip-on with stock intake profile (to save me having to download it from the site and load it to the unit). I'm hoping, with that profile, to get that sound and look without suffering too much of a power hit. After coming off my Suzuki 800, it seems to have plenty right now - even without the Power Commander profile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,677 Posts
Ken said:
I ordered a Dynojet Power Commander III yesterday and the folks I bought it from called today indicating they'll even preload the D&D slip-on with stock intake profile (to save me having to download it from the site and load it to the unit). I'm hoping, with that profile, to get that sound and look without suffering too much of a power hit. After coming off my Suzuki 800, it seems to have plenty right now - even without the Power Commander profile.

If you're going from stock, I don't believe you'll have any power loss. I was comparing to the V&H or speedstar pipes. After I get my clutch springs installed, I'm going to go back to the dyno and see if it's any better.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top