RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey warriors, i have a serious question for anyone who knows about the injectors on the 2004 warrior im looking to add one or two injectors to the warrior for serious fuel enrichment purposes, the question is if i hook to the wiring for the stock injectors and make a harness to fit two other injectors in line with those will it mess with the impeadence of the stock injectors , the second set of injectors will only be used at higher rpms and will be disabled at low rpms by a switch , but i want the injestors to work like the stock injectors with a veriable range when they are turned on. just need to know more on how the stock injectors work as far as voltage and if the wires to the stock injectors can be used to run the extra injectors. any help would be great or ant thoughts on the subject , ride hard and always think outside the norm, btk572

·
Registered
44 Posts
idk if the pcV is going to work on warriors. buti believe it has the capabilities to add injectors as well as 2 5v sensors. may want to look into that

·
Registered
670 Posts
I may have no idea what I'm talking about, but one would assume that the fuel injectors are tied into the ecu. Therefore adding additional fuel injectors would require a reprogrammed ecu. Thats just the first thing I thought of when I read this post. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, this projectseems like an aweful lot of time and effort with minimal effects. It also seems like something that could potentially cause a lot of problems with how the bike runs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
if your going to add injectors,first off you probably would not have to remap your bike,if you are doing nitrous or any other injection,the injectors would be on a stand alone system with what ever your doing,the aux inj would only come on and push enough full to satisfy the injection system,if that makes any sense to you

·
Registered
232 Posts
Scoper50 said:
I may have no idea what I'm talking about, but one would assume that the fuel injectors are tied into the ecu. Therefore adding additional fuel injectors would require a reprogrammed ecu. Thats just the first thing I thought of when I read this post. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Scoper50, you are not wrong.

If additional fuel is needed, than on big bores and to be honest I would rather poke with a PC3 andadd more numbers on the top range (if, at all). An other easier route would be replacing those stock FI with the Star serie.

However, whatever path you choose, it needs a touch on the ECU and remember only a proper analysis of your A/F ratio would really tell what the bike needs; It is the injection duration of those FI's that matters and not adding FI all over the place.

Why shooting sparrows with cannons?

Scoper50 said:
Also, this projectseems like an aweful lot of time and effort with minimal effects. It also seems like something that could potentially cause a lot of problems with how the bike runs.

+1, agree completely; A lot of work forsomething which in reality needs a fine tuning and nothing else...

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok here is what im doing . im installing a turbo system on a warrior and want to be able to do it cheaper then the crazy priced kits out there, the thing im doing is to add one or two injectors to the intake of the turbo system that will very in injection just like the stock injectors and a pressure switch will be activated by a hobbs pressure switch at a designated boost level, that in turn will let the bike run on 2 injectors when its not in boost ,and run on 3 / 4 injectors when the boost comes up and the hobbs switch lets the additional 1 / 2 work, much like a 4 barrel carb. my thought was that with the veriable injector setup when you got out of the trottle a little or as it came on it would inject accordingly to match trottle position like a stock bike ,and cut down on all the high dollar stuff used in a lot of the turbo kits. dont know if you see it as i do but if i can make my own and my way that is way better then just following the cookie cutter stuff. so now if i add the second set of injectors wired to the stock set will the computer be able to work that set. i dont know if it will mess with inpeadence / voltage of the stock set or not , or will the voltage load not be noticed? looking forward to turbo time so any real help is great not just why or use other add on ecu , usb3, and so on , btk572

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you wire them in series you've just doubled the impedance. That means you now have to ensure the bike will have enough power to open them. I would also expect that the response time would be slowed so the total dwell would be shorter.

If you want to do it right, I would suggest using the mega squirt for motorcycles. You could tie it into your stock harness and use it to drive all the injectors or you could set it up to fire the additional injectors at a certain manifold pressure with totally independent mapping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Craig is correct, Electricity laws, series in dc circuits = add the resistances together for a total resistance, but not necessarily just doubling it. and parallel in dc circuits = add all ohms per load and divide by number of loads. either way will also change what the ecm sees as a load AND how much voltage is needed to control them. BUT, since the Warrior engine runs without O2 sensors, it cannot adjust itself for outside factors like new intake/exhaust/forced induction/ different altitudes, etc. Which is why you need the standalone controller, preferably with an O2 sensor setup!

parallel or series is not going to help you out, it needs a standalone controller to drive more injectors, run different injectors, the warrior is a basic fuel injection system, a 1980 chrysler k car has a more advanced fuel system on it.

Sorry pal, I'm tryin to do a similiar idea, just not turbo yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You may want to consider just buying better fuel injectors.

You said you want to install the additional fuel injector before the turbo? If and when the turbo fails you might blow off your leg when the premixed air/fuel ignites inside the turbo.

Just something you might want to consider. More power to you if you make it work.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey guys, im used to draw thru turbo old school stuff ,i dont care what the guys with the big bucs say about draw thru stuff not working it still makes power and doesnt cost an arm and a leg to build.as far as it blowing up i havent had any do that yet and the kawasaki z1rs had the turbo right in front of the seat so if it happened off goes the jewels,if you see where im coming from. to up date im 99% there with an affordable easy to install kit and it wont be 5,500-6,000 like alot of the stuff out there,i have figured out the injector deal and for a kit to run under 7lbs it is almost done, the power im looking for isnt for all out drag or power it is just to enhance the power enough to run like a 102 ci should run and to help on fuel economy when not whipping the dog out of it ,i dont want to build a new motor just to make big power , just a few lbs will do ,and most people would be the same if they could buy a kit for half the money and get some decent power thats what they want . if i wanted real big power i wouldnt start with the warrior motor thats for sure,there are to many other motors out there that can make way more power then the warrior motor alot easier and cheaper ,a little fabricating and you can have a zx 14 or a busa motor and do what a warrior will never do cheaply,and still have the warrior looks and ride and style . the guys with all the mods are doing far more maping and messing with stuff then what this turbo setup will take and not doing near the hp that a low boost turbo warrior will do. compare v back,big air coil relocation,pipes,tuner, map, or big bore ,cams,push rods,head work,BATTERY,tuning,tear down and assembly,and so on .the way im working this out is remove the pipes air box then install theturbo and do ajustments with a scewdriver just like the old days,i will know in the next month how it all comes together as a bolt up and go deal. thanks for the ideas and input to the question . btk572

1 - 12 of 12 Posts