RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
folks,
this morning i came out to the smell of gas and dripping fuel from the warrior. I got remove the tank and found a tear in the rear fuel line (coming from back of tank) to the 90* dry break under the seat.
What is the best replacement option. Do i order factory from partzilla or is an aftermarket flex hose AN type the better way to go?

pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Pull the old one off..
Maybe a local Auto parts store might have some
And they can probably help u determine what dimensions of line u need..

That what I would do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,737 Posts
That is not a pressurized line it's a vent to the top tank but imo still use the same hose, and the crimp clamps too because they are a signal to shops and others to not frak with that connection and plus they are small and maintenance free. Take the hose and clamp to the part store. Count how many clamps you need and get a spare. There is a crimp tool. I use an old blunt ceramic tile nipper for these smaller crimp clamps. Study how they appear installed before you uninstall the clamps.

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
any idea what size? how can i determine that?
The factory hose is Metric 12mm I.D. low pressure moulded fuel line. The fuel clamps can be reused as shown in the enclosed link:
It's not likely you'll find this exact OEM hose at a parts store so I would suggest using 7/16" or 1/2" I.D. low pressure fuel hose with Fuel Injection Clamps that have a rounded band as shown below. You'll want to pay attention to the tight bend at the fuel tank.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waiting of my order to arrive, i swung by a auto parts store and picked up some 1/2 in radiator tubing. She's back on the road, but i'm not sure how well radiator tubing will hold up to gasoline, so i very much plan to swap it out. at least i'm not grounded.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts