RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas? It doesn't leak if I disconnect the line and bleed the pressure... It's only the backside. The front side doesn't leak. Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hopefully it's just the fuel line and it is easy to replace. Got Sanford Bike Fest and Biketober Fest coming up!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The replacement part is coming in today. Question I have is how in the blue **** do you get that clamp off without destroying it? I tried using pliers to squeeze together, but can't get the teeth to lift up and over the stops. Otherwise, i'm cutting it off and putting a regular clamp on there...

·
Registered
989 Posts
cltgt said:
Otherwise, i'm cutting it off and putting a regular clamp on there...

That is the only way to do it. The stock clamps are a one time use. Be careful not to clamp thenew ones too tight!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah! Thank you! I was getting rather upset that a clamp was kicking my butt. I am dying to ride! it's been a month and Sanford BikeFest starts today!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
cltgt said:
The replacement part is coming in today. Question I have is how in the blue **** do you get that clamp off without destroying it? I tried using pliers to squeeze together, but can't get the teeth to lift up and over the stops. Otherwise, i'm cutting it off and putting a regular clamp on there...
Taken from anearly post: removing rear dry-break from tank...
AlanH said:
Sun, Apr 8 2007 10:57 PM

Squeeze the clamp slightly with a pliers and pry carefully with a small screw driver HERE. You don't want to damage the tank nipple. If you're careful you can reuse this clamp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts