RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my 07' warrior now set up with the PR BAK, Cobra powerpro auto tuner, VH pro pipe with the stock baffle removed and replaced with a Big City Thunder Monster Baffle. Seems I only get to about 90 miles before the fuel light comes on and that being easy on it,,, when I run hard it's about 84 miles.
Does this sound about right or is there something I should be looking at tweaking?

·
Administrator
30,104 Posts
The top tank holds ~3.2 gallons and the aux tank holds the other ~0.8 gallons. So the light comes on after using about 3.3-gallons or some such, depending. I get about 125 before the light comes on if riding sane and not too much stop-and-go. I've gone as low at 70 miles to the light when messing around.

If you add fuel after the fuel light illuminates, then part of the equation is how well you fill the tank. I stop filling half-way and jiggle mine to dislodge any air bubbles in the hose between the upper and lower tanks. Otherwise the top tank might seem full but then it bubbles-down into the aux tank and suddenly the top tank doesn't have 3.2-gallons in it after all meaning the mileage appears to be less when in fact there was simply less fuel added.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts