RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a fuel pipe joint (or fuel hose joint). The part number is 5PX-24304-01-00. It is the fuel hose joint connector under the air induction cover on the left side of the bike. Mine has a crack in it and is giving out gasoline anyplace I leave the bike(at least when there is any gas in the tank). Also does anyone know if simple epoxy would fix this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
rockstar666 said:
I need a fuel pipe joint (or fuel hose joint). The part number is 5PX-24304-01-00. It is the fuel hose joint connector under the air induction cover on the left side of the bike. Mine has a crack in it and is giving out gasoline anyplace I leave the bike(at least when there is any gas in the tank). Also does anyone know if simple epoxy would fix this?

Thanks

You better get you a new one.

TRex

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
My bike started stinking up the garage and has left a couple of little leaks on the floor but it's under the rear break area. Does that have the same issue? Could be my fault in not replacing it correctly this last time around when I replaced the spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
fcwarrior said:
My bike started stinking up the garage and has left a couple of little leaks on the floor but it's under the rear break area. Does that have the same issue? Could be my fault in not replacing it correctly this last time around when I replaced the spark plugs.
The only issue i'm aware of in that area is a cracked tank under the rear mounting bracket or something has worn a hole in the bottom of the tank

·
Administrator
29,664 Posts
If you are asking if the rear drybreak can also crack same as the side drybreak, the answer is probably yes because they are both old style on the 2002 model year. From these part numbers you'll see both male parts were upgraded in 2003.

Fuel Tank - Dry Break '02 - Underseat - Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-10-00
Fuel Tank - Dry Break '02 - Left Side - Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-00-00

Fuel Tank - Dry Break '03 -'08 - Underseat: Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-11-00
Fuel Tank - Dry Break '03 -'08 - Left Side: Female 5PX-24305-00-00, Male 5PX-24304-01-00

You should be able to see the crack. Or a hose could have come loose. Or its a vent line issue. You'll have to trace the leak with the seat removedmaybe.

If this isn't what you mean, well, then . . .

fcwarrior said:

·
Registered
165 Posts
rockstar666 said:
Yup mine is an 02 as well and cracked in the exact same fashion. Thanks for the input.
So is mine. I ordered a gas approved quick connect from McMaster Carr for about $17.00. Thats both sides and its a double shut off (both sides seal when dissconnected).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could you please send me the link to the product you bought off of Mcmaster? I might do the same with mine. I asked around and the dealerships price for this item is 58 dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts