RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warrior has the stock air box still in place. As I just finished installing the recall kit (under the tank washer) I had a thought about the forum members that tanks shake after the recall washer is in place. I am wondering if the rubber piece with the foam rubber that lays on top of the stock air box and go up against the bottom of the tank could be the culprit. Are only the members that have gone to the BAK having the shaking problem? This is just some food for thought.
Rivaeric-do you have any thoughts on this?

Harley Jones

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had a lot of shake till I put a PCIII and I made the mixture richer, Lean mixture produce heat and vibration.
Alek5

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am not too sure, I will have to take a closer look at what that rubber piece does the next time I have a tank off. I think forum members have complained both with and without a BAK though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have the BAK and use the foam rubber thing and i have never had a vibration. In fact i dont thing i had the recall done. my washer is dark and i heard its supposed to be yellow. I thought of getting it but its not broken so i dont want to try and fix it.

Just to be sure is the rubber piece at the back end of the tank... the same area Carnkey had trouble with gas leaking from? thats the only rubber piece if have.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I was wondering is by the removal of the rubber piece with the foam rubber on it could we be losing some kind of support at the back of the tank. It looks to me that it is serving a dual purpose.
1. It forms an air box of sorts for the FI
2. May help support the back of the tank and help with vibrations

I looked under the tank and it compresses the foam rubber quite a bit.

Harley-Jones

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I do not have the BAK, I removed the rubber piece a long time ago, before the recall. I had no rattle before the recall and now shakes like a bitch with the recall at 2000 rpm's. Of course, my dealer miraculously claims not to hear a thing.

My tank rattles at the bottom end, near the seat. I don't think that rubber/foam thing would make much difference since it sits at about the middle of the tank. Next time I'm at the dealer I am going to pound his head on my tank a few times and see if he can hear any rattling this time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
as far as I can tell ,, If you do the recall your tank rattles,, if you don't do the recall the tank over time devellops a leak and you burst into flames at 80 MPH. Is that how everyone else reads all this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah sangathor, I was trying to make a point, I did my recall 3000 miles ago, Tank rattles,so what, can't here it ,no leaks thats inportant.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had the recall done, did the home BAK and I left the rubber piece under the tank in place. My tank doesn't vibrate or move at all. I would be very concerned if it did!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I talked the dealer into giving me the parts, then installed it myself. I notice no difference, no more vibration.
I don't have BAK yet, mostly stock except for pc3/propipe, which I installed before the recall kit.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Hmmm, anybody shake with the rubber in and the recall done? Maybe I should try putting that back under there. I can't beleive that would make much a difference but may be worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good point! ha ha I do wonder if we might be on to something with the rubber pad and foam. If mine vibrated like you said your did my wife would want to ride up there insted of on the back.

HJ

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just had the recall repair done along with first service, didnt ride for long just home from dealer about 6 miles, but ran well with no abnormal tank vibration as some have reported, I hope thats a good thhing .. lol
Will keep you posted, AFTER THIS **** SNOW HAS GONE ! [xx(]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok,just had fuel tank recall accomplished on thursday(I've had the letter for a few months)I had been riding around with my hand on the tank for the last couple of weeks at all rpm's full tank and empty to get a feel for the vibration.After the recall I've gone thru a full tank of gas and the vibration level seems about the same to me,oh yeh I do have the rubber pad installed and all the foam still on the tank.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts