RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relocating coils, etc and cleaning up front frame area where fuel tank vent hoses ran. Has anyone just rerouted hoses as needed and left roll over valve out of the system?!?!? Don't figure it would be any big task to relocate upright some where but was just wondering what some of you have done.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
leave the roll valve off, connect the two tank vents with the stock tee & run the dump hose where ever. I ran mine under the tank mount bracket at the rear, over the battery & out the hole behind the right fender stay.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I love this forum. I was just working on my left side clean-up yesterday. Doing a Ferraci dry break and reroute of fuel line and decided to reroute the vent lines as well. Thanks for the tip on the roll over valve.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
473 Posts
I cut both lines off about 1 inch below the valve and have had no problems with it that way for over 4 years now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
quote:Originally posted by tapeworm

What does the roll over valve do?

It keeps you from becoming a human torch if you go down.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bpk0816

I cut both lines off about 1 inch below the valve and have had no problems with it that way for over 4 years now.
On a couple of Warrior group rides after gasing up our bikes and parked in the sun i've seen gas spillage on the left engine case/kick stand from expansion caused by those riders that had overfilled the tank.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
My wifes bike was also done like this before we got it and we can not fill up on a hot day and then go eat or get something to drink or mill around. The fuel will expand and it will spill out all over the left side. So, we eat, drink, mill around and then get gas.
quote:Originally posted by AlanH

quote:Originally posted by bpk0816

On a couple of Warrior group rides after gasing up our bikes and parked in the sun i've seen gas spillage on the left engine case/kick stand from expansion caused by those riders that had overfilled the tank.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nice! Did the VBAK a couple weekends ago and was wondering what to do about the vent lines (tank still off). The AlanH mod should be just the ticket!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Talk about nice, I put in my coil and sensor plate from Akitadog today. I was just coming find out what to do with those pesky vent lines. New it wouldn't take long, this forum is soo freakin' awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LTR

I love this forum. I was just working on my left side clean-up yesterday. Doing a Ferraci dry break and reroute of fuel line and decided to reroute the vent lines as well. Thanks for the tip on the roll over valve.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Where can you get a Ferraci dry break? How much are they?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ordered mine directly from Ferraci. I remember catching something in the forums afterward though that was pretty much the same for a better deal. Don't really remember about that but try searching and you should come up with a couple different options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Ferrachi dry breaks are made by Colder Products. I bought mine at the link below and they were a little bit cheaper, plus that are in stock.

http://quickcouplings.net/

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I found all the info I needed on the drybreak mod in this post. Read thru the whole thing and you will be good to go.
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49300

quote:Originally posted by 06_warrior

quote:Originally posted by LTR

Where can you get a Ferraci dry break? How much are they?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts