RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

The dealer told me I should always turn of the fuel valve after each ride. This sounds insane but I want to know what you all do. I had a leak inside of my air induction system cover and they said that me not turning off the fuel valve switch would be the problem.

I like to know what you all do.

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Kinda hard to do on a Warrior.

Sure is.

Suggest you take your bike to a shop that knows whats happening.

·
Administrator
29,923 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Just for a lot of laughs, you should take it to the dealer that told you that and ask them to show you how. You can smile or even laugh out loud while the search for the petcock

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The warrior does not have a petcock to turn off. This is why I park the bike upside down, now the AIS leaks into the gas tank.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
TiltedHorizon said:
The warrior does not have a petcock to turn off. This is why I park the bike upside down, now the AIS leaks into the gas tank.

So that is why your username is tiltedhorizon...

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree,,, and make sure you close the choke

judsterky said:
Guys,

The dealer told me I should always turn of the fuel valve after each ride. This sounds insane but I want to know what you all do. I had a leak inside of my air induction system cover and they said that me not turning off the fuel valve switch would be the problem.

I like to know what you all do.

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
670 Posts
Fuel Injectedmotorcycles do not have fuel shut off valves. The only modern bike you would find one on is maybe a custom chopper that still has a carberator

1 - 17 of 17 Posts