RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how much feedback i'll get, but any is appreciated. I know the Warrior fills up at maybe a little over 4gals, but at least for the 2nd time i've noticed that i'm only getting about 2.5gal before she tops out. At first i thought it was because i had the bike on the kick-stand, but then on the next fill-up I had it as level as possible with the same results, any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I usually stop to fill mine up within 5-10 miles of the light coming on and i only usually get 3.1-3.2 gal in mine. I dont know why you are only getting 2.5. I know if your reserve tank is empty it takes a few moments for the fuel to get from your regular tank to trickle into the reserve tank but it sounds like you arent even close to that unless your fuel light is coming on prematurely

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be right, the last couple of times i filled up almost immediately after the light came on (within a couple of miles at least).

·
Registered
452 Posts
It takes me 5 minutes to fill my tank. 1 min. for the first 2.5-3gal. Then 4 minutes for the last 1/2 gal. Fill it to the top... let it drain down. fill it to the top... etc. It's the one thing I don;t like about my warrior. When I first joined the 4m, it was one of the first topics that I searched. Apparently, this is a common issue.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Rocketino said:
It takes me 5 minutes to fill my tank. 1 min. for the first 2.5-3gal. Then 4 minutes for the last 1/2 gal. Fill it to the top... let it drain down. fill it to the top... etc. It's the one thing I don;t like about my warrior. When I first joined the 4m, it was one of the first topics that I searched. Apparently, this is a common issue.

There is a fix for this. Drill a couple of small holes, for venting the air, in the filler tube just below the gas cap. Obviously this must be done with the tank off of the bike and the metal shavings must be vacuumed out when yer done.This will drastically reduce your 4 minute time for the last 1/2 gal.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Have u watched the mileage instead of the fuel light? That would tell you ifthe light iscoming on early. I'll have to start watching mine as i fill cuz I dont believe I'm having any delay regarding filling the reserveand I ride it bone dry when doing my normal trips

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arkansas Warrior said:
Have u watched the mileage instead of the fuel light?  That would tell you if the light is coming on early.  I'll have to start watching mine as i fill cuz I dont believe I'm having any delay regarding filling the reserve and I ride it bone dry when doing my normal trips
I just started doing this last fill up. I'll see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts