RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is fially here and on. After about 2 months and 1 delay due to a finishing issue, I have installed the Fuggin Fabrications (Wicked Bros) Cobra Exhaust, in black, on my 2009 midnight. I will attempt to post pics, but if not they are in my gallery. I ordered through Low and Mean (www.lowandmean.com) and I have nothing but good things to say as far as customerservice goes for both Low and Mean and the folks over at Fuggin.The issue with the finish was caught by Low and Mean before they sent it my way, so I can't be upset about that. When I did get it I though there was a fitment problem due to the fact that therear header flange does not flush mount onto the exhaust port like the stock does. They use a wider ring so the flange is actually about 1/4-1/2" off of the exhaust port, but there are no leaks.When I sent Low and Mean an email reguarding this matter, on a Saturday, they were very prompt in replying and getting in contact w/ Fuggin for me. Fugging called me on Tuesday to discuss.Another thing that was throwing me off was the fact that the supporting bracket was about a foot long, much too long, and turns out they sent the wrong one, which they figured out after talking to m and they are rush delivering to me the right one. Also, the tip was slightly bent during shipping. You may be able to see this inone of the pics, but the back of the turn out is actually a bit flat. They are rush manufacturing another one for me and sendingme that free of charge as well.So again, although it took a couple of months and they arerelatively expensive (about 750 bucks), I feel that with the service I received and thequality of the final product, that all in all it was well worth it. If you are wondering about the sound these babies put out, it is extreme. They do actually have a full baffle in them now, not just the bolt that sticks up. You can see through the baffle, and it is about 6 in in length (tops), but it is there. I still feel like I gained some horses, and if I lost any torque it is easily made up from the 40 lbs I lost from taking off that awful water tank. The new exhaust weighs about 10 lb, maybe, and they sound amazing. I will try to put a video on you tube. Also, if you decide to order through low and mean, they gave me a $50 discount for sending them pics for their website. They may offer a similar deal if you mention you are arswarrior member.It was basically free shipping, so great on that aspect too. Let me know what ya'll think. Any questions feel free. Oh and yes, I do have the brake reservoir relocation kit, no it did not come with the exhaust, I ordered the barons kit sepeately.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Looks good . I got the same pipe but in chrome. Im stll waiting on my new set with heatsheilds.Just a warning that pipe will scrape on the sharpe right handers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad your experience was positive. I just got the S-4 pipes I ordered from them and theywere a absolute waist of 761.00. I will have to talk to Chris at Lowandmean in the morning to see what he thinks. Just a fyi the S-4 pipes do not look like the pipes actually pictured on the site. Those pics are photo shopped quite a bit it seems, At least on the S-4's. Well enjoy your new pipes lol. It appears I should have oredered the cobras also.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Looks great....here is your next mod

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Holmes said:
I have installed the Fuggin Fabrications (Wicked Bros) Cobra Exhaust,
Re: Fuggin Fabricators Cobra Exhaust

Ha, LMAO, I thought you were pissed off at them and calling them names.. My bad

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To answer a few questions, no it did not come with a new brake reservoir relocation kit. I had to order the Barons kit, which actaully moves it on the right hand lower frame just under the exhaust. I'm actaully waiting for something bad to happen to my rear brake considering the exhaust is basically sitting on the new reservoir. The Baron reservoir is all billet though and I haven't felt it get too hot. I rode pretty hard this weekend and never had a problem with the rear brakes, so I guess we'll see. I agree with ya'll on the tire info sheet on the swingarm, not sure where or how to move it so any suggestions would be great. I also install the churchkey VBAK and AIS kit this weekend. The bike is very powerful but running a little rough. I will be putting on the PC3 this afternoon, but am looking for a map to cover me until I can get it to the dyno. If anyone has a map that might go good with this please PM me so I can get it from you. Looks like I may be downloading one for the VH pro-pipe + churchkey intake, hopefully it will run ok with that. Thanks for the comments guys. Oh and they do photoshop the exhaust, but I will be sending the pics of my bike for their website, so hopefully atleast the cobras will have the rigt representation.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Holmes said:
I agree with ya'll on the tire info sheet on the swingarm, not sure where or how to move it so any suggestions would be great.

Warm it up with a hair dryer, peel, and toss. Same info is in the owners manual and not that relevent once you change from stock tires.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TroyOH said:
Glad your experience was positive. I just got the S-4 pipes I ordered from them and theywere a absolute waist of 761.00. I will have to talk to Chris at Lowandmean in the morning to see what he thinks. Just a fyi the S-4 pipes do not look like the pipes actually pictured on the site. Those pics are photo shopped quite a bit it seems, At least on the S-4's. Well enjoy your new pipes lol. It appears I should have oredered the cobras also.

Tell me more about your experience with this pipe. I was about to buy this very pipe untill I read your post. Any pictures of what they look like.

Why was they a waist of money? Please let me know more.

Thank you and God bless

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Another little mod could be could fabricate/buy a new bracket for your rear brake fluid reservoir.....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great looking bike. Love the pipes, I have the same - with a few mods, I had them shortened and slash cut rather than turned out. They look great on your bike!!!

Your next mod - after the sticker removal- is to get rid of those reflectors on the forks!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a set of Fuggins on my Warrior. Mine did come with a brake relocation plate, but it was an unassuming metal tab. It did not come with any instructions on the install of the relocation bracket, but I was able to figure it out. The bracket was very easy to miss in the box, as it is about 1/2 inch by 3 inches of flat sheetmetal with a few holes in it. I almost threw it away.

Even though the pipes were built with double walls, mine were hot as f#*k and I wrapped them to stop burning my pants. Mine are here on this page of the the exhaust thread

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/114042.aspx?PageIndex=11

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
briang said:
does it scrape?

Depends on how aggressive you ride. I consider myself a medium aggressive rider and mine scrapes just barely on the tip of the pipe. Im considering cutting the turn out section off to make it a straight pipe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts