RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this strange sound like it is the airfilter viberating at 2000 to 2200 rpm on my 2006 Yanaha Warrior motorcycle. Anyone have an answer. I have had theair filter recently changed and I still have the noise.

·
Administrator
29,703 Posts
I see this is your first post, welcome aboard!!

The stock Warrior has one air filter under the tank, and another under the right-side cover. Where is the noise coming from exactly? Does it happen just when warm, or cold? Does the vibration change if you accelerate or decelerate within the rpm range mentioned?

gobaldwin said:
I have this strange sound like it is the airfilter viberating at 2000 to 2200 rpm on my 2006 Yanaha Warrior motorcycle. Anyone have an answer. I have had theair filter recently changed and I still have the noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to be from under the tank, and it does vary a bit with temperature and a little with reving up it seems louder, butnot much.

And thanks for the great responses. When I am done this onequestion I will not use this locationfor hardware problems. By the way is there a place for these types of question on this site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I went looking after I sent the last message and found the Warrior discussion form. Thank you

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
gobaldwin said:

check the tank bolts, just remove your seat, the 2 nuts right there at the bottom lip of the tank, make sure they are snug....DONT OVER TIGHTEN....!!! THEY ARE EASILY BROKEN according to others..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts