RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I currently own a '05 FZ1 which should be sold in mid February. So, after some research into new bikes, I think I have decided to replace it with a Warrior. I found this 4M and continued my research. I think I am set on the blue silver flamed model, but still debating wether to get an '05, '06, or an '07. Question, what are some opinions on aftermarket pipes? I think I would want LOUD [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Also, do you need the power commander with pipes?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum Greg, and good luck on your search. If you are dead set with getting the Cobalt Blue with Silver Flames, then you can either get an 06 or 07. Best bet would be to look for a left over '06. As far as pipes go, if you are looking for loud, then go with Samsons. Those are definitely LOUD. You could also go with some Rineharts, too... those are loud and high performance. As far as the Power Commander is concerned, it is not needed with pipes, you can always adjust the ECU, but if you are going to be going further with performance upgrades, then it is definitely a good idea.

Ray

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Howdy Gregg!
Welcome and hold onto your a$$. Got some nice preowned bikes for sale out there. Look in the classifieds on this forum, or keep an eye around your neck of the woods. It might be nice to buy preowned with all the BIG mods done already. I can tell ya from my initial experience so far that if I had it to do all over again, I'd buy preowned with major mods already done. Just my feeling.
Good luck!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Cobalt is an 06 color , I think the 07 version of the color is a little washed out for my taste. good luck in your search, and welcome to the 4um

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
from my view here in Worcester Mass., those look like V&H big shots....course if I go to John's gallery I can confirm right! indeedy they are. Same one I am running....LOVE THEM btw,...along with the quiet baffles.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might want to pick the style of pipes first and then look for particular makes. There are plenty of loud options. If you like your bike running perfect you would want a PCIII although you can get by without one in many cases.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome! There is a lot of info here on evrything you can think of and then some, including RSW vs M109. Use the search feature and ask away!

·
Registered
512 Posts
If your looking for the blue warrior with flame then look at the 06' model, I just bought the blue on in December and got a great deal. I only paid $9,800 for the bike and it was brand new. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
rkbrkr,

First off...Welcome to the forums! Now to answer your questions and my answers are strictly my opinion...But, if you're looking at pipes for your Warrior and you want loud. Then go with the Samson Shogun Short Slasher pipes...Without baffles....[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] CAN YOU SAY LOUD!? WHAT'S THAT!! I SAID LOUD!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Just asks my neighbors...[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

Plus they look nice on the Warrior...

As for the Power Commander...I would recommend it, just because it makes things easier in my opinion.

And as for the Warrior VS. the M109...From what I understand the M109 is faster than the Warrior and I actually was considering getting one before I finally got my Warrior. But, after I saw the M109 up close and personal...It didn't look as appealing as the Warrior and even though it came stock with a 240 rear tire and may be was faster than the Warrior. I just couldn't get over the fact that the Warrior LOOKED SO [email protected] MUCH BETTER![^]

Plus there is just so much more accessories you can get and modding you can do to the Warrior...

Anyway good luck on your search and I hope you find what you're looking for...

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome rkbrkr. There are several warrior owners in the Portland area. The warrior is a great bike and this is an awsome forum. Always very helpful. Be sure you check out the West Coast forum.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts