RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a set of yami medium riseron the stock bars and need the brake line from the reservoir to be longer. I've read a lot of posts where guys suggest go to a two line set-up but I like the clean look of the three line.

https://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FK003D689-3

Anyone know anything about getting a kit like this in an extended length? Or has anyone gotten this particular kit and can tell me if it's any longer than OEM? thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picaflor said:
two line setup is also know as a race setup... it is suppose to be better

hmm, well then. Have to check out some pics and see if I might like the two line look after all.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Truethinker said:
Anyone know anything about getting a kit like this in an extended length? Or has anyone gotten this particular kit and can tell me if it's any longer than OEM? thanks

Um, did you see the "Choose length" box just above the "Add to cart" button? Just see how stretched your stock line is and then decide how much you want to add. I went with +4 so I could route it through all the guides.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loren said:
Truethinker said:

Um, did you see the "Choose length" box just above the "Add to cart" button? Just see how stretched your stock line is and then decide how much you want to add. I went with +4 so I could route it through all the guides.

I actualy did! Right after reading your reply. haha I'm on top of things today.

Thanks for pointing that out

·
Administrator
29,700 Posts
This is a slightly different part# but I'll mention that I just installed the Galfer 3-linestainless front brake line FK003D311F and the lines from the front calipers to the block are longer than stock and bow out, so getting this part# wasn't the best advise I ever got. I'll re-route at a later date to reduce the bow. The top line from the block up to the handlebar is the same as stock, or maybe about 1" longer. I have Yami TT bars and would have gone with 1" shorter on the top line, and 2" shorter on the bottom lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts