RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a message from a member asking why I rated his bike so low.First of all I don't rate anyones bike,I don't even post much.After I recieved his message I went to the gallery to see how I could have rated his bike by mistake and found that every bike I looked at said that I had already rated it.I DID NOT.
So if it appears I have rated your bike know that I have not.I am sure everyones bike is a 10 in there eyes and I will keep to my self the ones I like.We are all doing great, keep on modding.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
There should be a way to change your rating cause I rated someones bike a 1 by accident and I wanted to rate his bike a 5. Also, if someone rates my bike a 1, I'm not gonna email that person asking why he did it. I realize if he rated it a 1, it's because he doesn't like my bike. Each person is entitled to his/her own opinion. Warriorone, you are definitely right when you said that all the members here are doing a great job with their mods.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
who cares about friggin ratings..... I didn't know we bought the bike for ratings..... i thought it was for RIDING.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
377 Posts
I tried a rating system on a BB similar to this. All it did was make people mad and cause a lot of problems. This site is awesome, and it's always great to try new ideas, but take it from me on this one......there is no win on a rating system of any kind. I would like to see it dropped all together.

IMHO

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now I am concerned. I just tried to for the first time to rate someone's bike and it said that I had already rated it. Is it possible that there is something that happens when a person views the pictures in the gallery without rating a bike? If I open a members gallery, am I to rate their bike or can I simply just look without rating? I guess I hope it isn't rating a member's bike as something without my physical input to do so. Everybody looks like they are staying busy with the mods. Everybody's bikes look great!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The same thing is happening to me.I have only rated one bike but it shows in the gallery that I have rated all of them???????

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
We already have WOM... why have the rating in the gallery anyway? I rated myself a one (Hey!, I'm Number One!!) but would give anyone else the highest rating because each bike is already worth that as an RSW.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Personally , I like the rating system .It gives the member an opportunity to see how well he did by seeing how many people stop to look at his or her bike. In my oppinion WOM is nothing more than a cheerleading contest and I refuse to get involved . Not that alot of the bikes that have made it do not deserve it . But if you look through the gallery some of the finest bikes in there have never even been nominated for WOM .The majority of the people who have taken the time to rate my bike have never spoke out in WOM and these are the people who's oppinion I value .The only suggestion I have is that a member should have to go beyond Go Ped before they can rate a bike . I hate to even say that but I feel it would stop trouble makers from just stopping in here to mess with the ratings . I think every person in here has a nice bike . All our tastes are different but I would be lying if I said I don't care what people think of my bike . I would never have taken the time or spent the money on it that I have if that was the case . And yes if some one rates my bike low I would like to know why for the next bike I build . Well I'll get off the soap box now .....

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Outlaw_Warrior

I like my bike and it's the one that matters to me. Why even have the rating thing? The bike is a 10 stock so anything you do is a bonus.

ill 2nd that and raise it 1

·
Registered
465 Posts
I as well tried to rate several different bikes and it said that I had allready rated them, I did not even knew it was there until then. As far as those that get upset about the ratings, I will rate mine as a
-40 and say it is the worst pile of Dung on the site and add that I someone would rather walk across a bed of hot coals than take it for a spin around the block if it makes the others feel better about theres. But it is all mine!!!! (and the banks)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like the rating feature, too. It's fun!
But I'd like to be able to reset my rating when i complete a new phase of mods, so the rating shown will indicate what people think of the current bike, not averaged with the prior phase's rarings.

·
Registered
861 Posts
There must be a glitch in the rating system. It shows that I rated my bike a "0". I didn't even know I rated it. I would have at least given it a one. When I view other bikes in the gallery it also shows that I have already rated them. I am not concerned who rates my bike or what rating they give it. It is just nice that others appreciate your ride enough to give it a good rating. I don't even know how you could tell who rated it. If there is a rating system IMHO votes should be anonymous.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've never rated anyone's bike - I think I've looked at all of them in the Gallery so I'm hoping that just by looking and then exiting it doesn't automatically assign a 'zero'. Actually how do you assign a rating? Maybe that's why no one ever votes for me for WOM! LMAO!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If we keep the ratings feature, and assuming it gets fixed, I agree that one should have to get past go-ped to rate others because of the reasons stated by mxgod630. I also agree with the chearleading statement he made. There are a lot of nice bikes that have not even been concidered for W.O.M. because their owners are not outspoken in this forum.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i think its cool unless people take it to seriously , it is an opinion , everyone bikes on here are sweet but then some guys have this endless supply of money and yea there going to be better than mine, and I'm gonna get mad b/c I dont have a cooler paint job or chrome rims ? Uh NO , Lets all grow up and ride our bikes I mean we all do have the baddest one out !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts