RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talk with the guy from cycle image last night he doesnt do the gas caps anymore same with performance edge.guess it was too big of a pain to work with.Also called OE and they stopped making thier caps as well kinda like the sport bike mod ive seen here but think ill hold out a little longer till something really catches my eye really love the chrome one cycle image did anyone out there want to sell one? lol

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
From what Reza (Bismark) w/ CI has said in the past, about as many of the OEM caps get destroyed as made during the chroming process. I think it is the cheap material used to make them. I guess it just wasn't cost effective for them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Talk to a good chrome shop. There is nothing wrong with the way the gas cap is made. ****- you can chrome plastic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have you talked to any other shops or are you going to take the word of the shop that told you they aren't interested in doing it for you? No hair off my peaches if you have decided it can't be done.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Polish that puppy, or powder coat it, paint it, whatever. If it bugs you, MOD IT!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Did I ever say it couldn't be done?? I dont see that anywhere. They did many of them over the last few years, I simply stated to him why i thought Cycle Image quite doing it based on posts I have read by Reza.I would just find a shop that will replace the cap if they ruin it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts