RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one of my first mods with plenty to come.
I got rid of the "PULL" and "YAMAHA" , the flap and lift is sandblasted the outside is brushed so far I just clear coded all but this might change. I replaced the stock screw with stainless flat head socket cap screws with a spacer, so they are higher up.

Topic edited, JP

Insert Image:

22.41 KB

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Nice! Heres a thought, paint it Black Cherry to match the tank, it would blend in very nicely. I believe you would be the first one to do it.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by hirmler

This one of my first mods with plenty to come.
I got rid of the "PULL" and "YAMAHA" , the flap and lift is sandblasted the outside is brushed so far I just clear coded all but this might change. I replaced the stock screw with stainless flat head socket cap screws with a spacer, so they are higher up.

Insert Image:

22.41 KB

What did you use to fill it in? Fiberglass?

It looks really good like that....Nice job!!

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't fill it in, I ground it down with a deburring wheel, same for the ribs on the outside.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Nice Job!
Mine is at the coating shop to be powder costed.
I do like the screws, nice touch.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Whoa, how did you do that? What's a deburring wheel? Would you be interested in fixing mine? Here's an example of what NOT to do (keep in mind I spent hours on this):

Insert Image:

71.76KB

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
quote:Originally posted by iowawarrior

yeah, you don't really need the "pull". a guy ought to be able to figure that out on his own.

Oh Yeah?... I met a girl who had her name badge on the breast pocket of her shirt.

Her name was "PAT"

It takes around 2 weeks for a black eye to heal!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I want to do this. Can you post a pic of a "deburring wheel" this looks like a mod that could go very bad if your not careful.

UPDATE: It looks like a deburring wheel is the consistency of a heavy scotch brite pad.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
quote:Originally posted by iowawarrior

yeah, you don't really need the "pull". a guy ought to be able to figure that out on his own.

One would think, but when I rent Harleys, wife is from Hawaii, so that is where I rent them....anyhow, many of them have what appear to have 2 gas caps, but the have warning stickers on the fake left gas caps...ya know, don't break of this fake cap by twisting on it.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for the delay,
I was gone for a few weeks. Thanks for all the compliments. The deburing wheel is a 3M Scotch Brite 9A medium wheel. See picture

Insert Image:

29.31KB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts