RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With some grunt work, using file & sand paper, the outer ridged flange of the gas cap can be smoothed out for a more streamlined look. It makes a big difference in the appearance of the cap.
In my case i choose to polish selected parts to achieve a two tone appearance. Painting could also be an option

Thanks to rphazen for his post: gas cap pin - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

[

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
It's suprising what a difference that makes to the look of the cap.
I really like it!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I like it to i just happen to have all my polishing stuff sitting on my bench I think I will join the polished cap club seing how my bike isnt red or black I cant join there club

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Very nice Alan , good work.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Very nice job! I am looking for a cheaper alternative, a cap that is totally smooth b/c I want to paint it w/ my tank and make it look inconspicuous. Anyone know of any besides BMS?

·
Premium Member
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48301

using file & sand paper

Nicholson Files: No. 1 & Mill *******
Abrasive cloth 220~2000 grit
Blue Magic Metal Polish & cloth
Time: Much to much, being that i disassembled the cap completely for chroming and decided to see what it would look like polished [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
The grunt work can be eliminated with a belt and or disc sander using fine sandpaper, but be careful as the cap is expensive.

quote:Originally posted by kcc

Looks great. How long did it take and what did you use.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thatjust looks plain slick. Goes to show you how nice something can look if you pay attention to the details. Good job and great idea!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts