RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Nope. I just pay attention to my trip odometer and reset it everytime I fill her up.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Have not seen one but then again I have not looked for one. Never thought I needed one. My Warrior has 2 trip meters, a low fuel light & when that comes on the display tells me how many miles I have traveled running on the under seat tank. Almost ran out one time in 4 years. I say almost because I knew where the next station was out in the boonies. I drafted a van to conserve fuel & made it the 25 miles to the station with the low fuel light on all the way. Some here have posted that they run out of fuel in the 18 to 20 mile range after the low fuel light comes on & some have had to push it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That answers the question I was going to ask today. I went 16 miles with my fuel light on and late for work. Just read another topic the other day on average miles before it comes on.

Sorry to drift from your topic, the only one I seen was the leds on fuel caps. Then again it was a harley too. I wouldnt mind knowing how much fuel I have in my tank by looking at more lights vs my milage. Keep us posted if you find one

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I think it would be a hard thing to do since where your Gas cap sits is in the shallowest part of the tank. The warrior holds 85% of it's fuel in the sides of the tank so getting a sensor down there would be pretty hard IMO.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Churchkey

Some here have posted that they run out of fuel in the 18 to 20 mile range after the low fuel light comes on & some have had to push it.

I can vouge for this one. I found myself pushing this puppy one time at about 21-22 miles. It only takes running out of gas once (well that and a good 1/2 mile off-ramp, which slopes gradually uphill) to keep youself pretty cognizant as to how much fuel remains in this thing. I never came even remotely close to running out of fuel after that!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Dave

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm with you Warrior Dave, ran out of fuel once, did some wrong calculations and ended up running a km short and you guessed it, on the wrong side of a hill, servo just the other side. I have never run out of fuel again unless I had an alternative plan.
I use my Sigma bike speedo to track the fuel as it is more accurate than the bike speedo.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I havent seen any gauges for it . Actualy this bike is easier to know when your getting low compareed to others i owned . It has a fuel low light I just had my fuel low light come on the other day i got 20 more miles out of it i did not want to push it any more .Next time i will probaly get gas as soon as it goes on i realy dont feel like pushing.[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]argh a nice day and my bike is in the shop figures

·
Registered
267 Posts
Once and only once!! When I first got my bike I took a long day ride. For some reason I thought I read that I could go 40+ miles after the light came on. hahaha NOPE!!! 21 miles later and 1 mile before the nearest town I was empty. Pushing the warrior aint fun and is quite akward actually. A cop pulled up behind after about a half mile and asked If I wanted a lift, I was so embaressed I declined is kind offer and pushed another 1/4 mile where I could see a gas station. Harley gus also drove past and stared, no help from those guys. lol BEN

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
the warrior has about 3/4 gallon under he seat, but even less then that is usable, probably in the 1/2 to 5/8 gallon range, depending on how you drive 20 miles is about all you will get!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts