RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my VBAK and then I went on my first ride since the install and my gas light now comes on a few seconds after I start my bike, and it wont go out, but the tank is full...any ideas???

·
Registered
19 Posts
You might find that the dry break at the rear of the tank is not clicked all the way in. I had the same problem once after removing the tank.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
There are 2 dry breaks. First, remove the left side cover and just follow the gasline to a plast/metal thing directly on the exposed braket. Push on it and if it's loose you'll hear a click. Second, follow the ose on the other side of the bracket to the tank under the seat. Push down on that one. Again, if it's loose you'll hear a click. 90% of the time it's the dry breaks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Worst case senario, you have a loose connection elsewhere in the fuel chain, when I picked my bike up, I drove 8 miles and the fuel light was on constantly, even with a full tank, this is the day it rolled off the dealership floor mind you, It took their "crack" service team 3 days to figure out it was a loose connection on the fuel pump. Needless to say Renton Motorcycles in Renton WA is not the place to have your bike serviced. I do everything myself now. Thanks to RSWARRIOR.com./emoticons/emotion-1.gif
[8D]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dry break it was!!!!...rookie mistake...thanks a lot guys...once again this site comes to the rescue!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts