RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 05 Warrior it had about 10 miles on the odometer. On the last two tanks I got 27 and 30 mpg. Total distance I was able to travel until it shut down was 101 miles. Is this average? Should I expect an improvement in mpg as I break the bike in? Right now I have 287 miles on the odometer. The above mpg was during city driving.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
guess it all depends on how you ride it, on trips i could get about 115 before fuel light comes on. but around town hauling ass, i get about 90 a tank when the light pops on....

·
Registered
223 Posts
My 05 started out around 43 mpg and went down to around 30, no problems, just a more aggressive riding style as I adjusted to the feel of the bike. Fuel light usually pops on around 100 to 105 miles. Just ride it and have fun!

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 05 would get anywhere from 35 to 50 mpg depending on how I was riding. In colorado they add ethanol to the gas from december to march. It definetly drops the gas mileage. The last 2 tanks I only went 80 miles before the light came on.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
If I am riding nice I get anywhere from 105-120 miles before the low fuel light comes on. However, recently I have been riding a bit harder with a lot of stop and GO!.... When I ride harder, the low fuel light comes on at about 85 to 90 miles.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I get 28-52 mpg depending on my mood...
If you never get over 2k you'll get good milage. If you cant keep it below 4500rpm stop for gas now and order some new tires

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I usually get around 42mpg. I mostly ride backroads to work so there is little stop and go although, there is an awful lot of high speed!![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
50 Posts
I get anywhere from 35-50 mpg, depending on how I ride. If you want better mileage, LAY OFF THE THROTTLE! I know it is hard to do when all of that power is just sitting there beckonning to be used. I've gotten the 50 mpg even with some high speed riding. around 100-125 miles before the light comes on.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
40-42 is my average....

i normally drive a mixture of city and, and i dont get on and stay on for long periods of time, mostly just bursts for fun

ive gotten over 45mpg going to JP'S on the hwy, and my low was 32-33 mpg with more stop and go in the city

1 - 12 of 12 Posts