RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was coming home from the gym last night and I went to pass this car and got on it really good and the bike just died so I puuled into the slow lane and gas started to spray out onto my right leg and onto the bike so I coasted into a parking lot and upon inspection I noticed this valve or dry break kinda thing just under the right side of the tank it wasnt connected properly I pushed it back on and made it home with teh gas light on shrew haha but I am not sure why this happened or if I have it back on right. it has this black plastic part that comes off and kinda snaps back on but I want to be sure I have it on right and why it came off. thanks

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Unless your bike is modified the dry break is on theleft side. But in any case I am glad you found the problem.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
It's the high pressure fuel rail that came apart. Push it back together and you'll hear a click. Pinch the square plastic ring to disconect. (the black clip is just a safety... they don't do much good. I don't use em)

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
saplentiam, If your warrior can do 140 mph, you must have the speed* ECU and a 33 tooth front pulley, and some internal upgrades, With the stock ECU, the rev limiter kicks in at 132 mph.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a complete stage IV kit with custom NOS setup.

and that would explain why last year i couldn't get the bike above 130, stupid limiter.

Michael

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
If the High Pressure Disconnects come apart it's PILOT"S ERROR and no fault of Yamaha

Who ever worked on the bike be it the mechanic, technician, shoemaker and orpilot is at fault for not assembling the quick disconnect properly.

I don't agree with Bladerunr regarding the Black ABS Safety Clip doing much.

IMO if the disconnects are properly snapped togetherthe Safety Clips will prevent the assembly from coming apart and serve to indicate that the disconnects are fully seated and also shrould the unlatch mechanism

1 - 8 of 8 Posts