RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a BAK and the first thing on the instructions is remove the gas tank. Is there a proper way to remove the hoses so I don't spill gas all over the bike? There's one hose under the rear of the tank that looks like it has a disconnect of some kind and the main hose on the left side that looks like it is permanently attached. If any of you have done this before, could you please help? Thanks

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Both hoses have quick disconects. Just press on the silver lever to release. You will get only a few drops of gas. There are two more small tubes up front on the clutch side.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
the one behind your gas tank has a small piece of rubber in it as a lock. Once you have the side cover off and look at the other one, you'll understand. I was afraid of these at first too, but they are really stout connectors.

Just press the silver and then lift the back one and pull the side one. You will only get a dribble of fuel. There are also 2 hoses at the front of the tank, left side, they need to be removed and then the tank can slide back a bit and then you just coax it up.

The bolts on the gas tank are 10mm and you will need to torque them to 10Nm (1,0 m-kg, 7.2 ft-lb)

A shop manual is a wonderful thing......Hope that helps

Best to prepare a place for it to go before you start, since the tank has the connectors sticking out the bottom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts