RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this is technical for me. I believe I have to remove my gas tank in order to get to two of the 4 spark plugs on my 03. Are there any things to watch out for while doing this? I am not a mechanic and don't want to be, but I want to do some of the basic stuff and not f**k something up. Let me know. Thanks, as always.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
two rear bolts, two quick release one near rear and one on left side under chrome cover and two hoses in upper left side of tank. Pull tank back wards when removing and
DON'T DROP IT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
The tank removal is pretty straight forward. Follow mikes instructions and you should have no problems. Just be sure that you seat the fuel quick disconnects when installing the tank, you should hear them click. The plug change is a little more involved, suggest you do a search first.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Point your handlebars straight ahead before you begin so they won't be in the way and run it down to reserve before starting to make it easier to handle.

·
Registered
826 Posts
do a search on the spark plug R&R as well...Those two on the right side are a pain. Best suggestion I got on here was using the 3/8" (i belive that's the correct size) fuel line to hold the plugs with while you get them started back in. Cut about a 3 to 4" piece.

Good luck...just be patient.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So as long as I have a hose to start the plug in the hole, I should have no problem. I used the same technique with the V* since the holes were sooooo deep. I just wanted to make sure I was not going to screw something up by taking off the tank. Thanks everyone for the FAST response. Have a great day.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Here's a tip that helped me greatly when learning the land of the Warrior: Download the yamaha service manual (do a search, you'll find it). Print out all 600 pages and put it in a binder. I read it and refer to it all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts