RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day to all the fellow Warrior riders! I only just found out about this site today, and I signed up straight away! I'm from southern Adelaide, South Australia, by the way, anyhow,I've had my Warriorfor only 4 months now, but wow, what a bike!!! I spend a lot of time riding with my mates who all have Harley's, and put most of them to shame!!! haha. When asked "when are you buying a Harley" the answer quickly comes, "why would i want one!".

Anyway, intro's later. 2 questions, are there many Warriors on the road? (haven't seen another one yet) secondly, does anyone else get a bit of a wobble in the handle bars over 170kph? can you do anything about it?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Welcome to the site Silver,

About the warriors, there where (if I'm right) only 350 imported in Au, so there are a few (allthough several has been written off in the mean time)

Woble at 170..... go faster or slower
. But as answer, nop dunnoo.... did you check tyres and have you got them dynamicly balanced???

(Also do a search on this site..)

Stay safe and upright

Dutch

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the forum silver102. You will have to fill out your bio and stick some photos in your gallery so we know who we are talking to.

So is the beast stock or does it have some mods? Done by you or the previous owner?

To answer your questions:-

1. Australia imported 350 warriors in total, 2002 - 2006.

2. If you have the stock trees/rake/wheels on your bike it shouldfly straight as an arrow way past 170kph. I would suggest checking steering head bearings and wheel balancing.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Gday Mate,

Will be down your way in mid October for a chopper muster so maybe we should try and meet up. Won't have a warrior back on the road before that but will be trying for one as soon as possible after.

If you're getting a headshake over 170 then I would suggest wheel balancing as well but check your headstock. What sort of tyres are you running and what mods have been done to the bike. The back end of the bike can change the way the front performs as well. Has there been any other Mods done to it? Does it have a fat ***? If so was a home job or is it a bolt on job? What sort of rubber are you running? How do your wheel bearings (in both wheels) feel? What are the fork seals like? Is it the original yokes (thats triple trees in Yank speak). etc etc etc

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, thanks for the info!! in answer to your questions, the bike is a stock 03 model, with the exception of a slip on Jardine (i think) pipe. it's just had 2 new Bridgestone tyres fitted, and now that i think of it, i don't think the wobble was as bad before!!!!! do you have any idea of what speed these bikes are capable of??? next thing is, modifications!!! any tips/suggestions as to what is best??? i'm not much into bling or lowering etc. more just performance, love dragging those foot pegs around corners!! so i guess power is what i want, i was thinking about the power commander & stealth big air kit (sold through the Z power web site) but open to all suggestions. it's good to find people that know about these bikes!!!

it'd be great to catch up with other Warrior owners, drop me a line. as i said, so far (in the 4 months i've owned the bike) i have'nt seen another one like it. oh, and what/where is WWW09?????????????

thanks heaps for your reply, Aaron.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
If you have access to a dial indicator check both sides of the front rim for runout (bent wheel) or just put it in the air & spin it. Look closely with a critical eye as it rotates. You looking for lateral (side to side) wobble or radial (up & down) out of round.

Don't know the "exvchange rate" for kph but top speed in "Yank" land is 135 mph indicated. The speedo reads fast so actual speed is in the 128 mph range. That is with the stock 5th gear in the trans, stock drive pulley & stock size rear tire.

V-BAK kits are in stock.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Most warriors I have ridden with and the warrior I had can do in excess of 200kph without a too much of a problem. In fact mine used to feel quite solid at that speed. My only problem was hanging on as I felt like a parachute dragging in the wind especially with an open face helmet.

Therefore, you very well may have a problem. As churkey said, check your front wheel. As well as wheel bearings and steering head bearings.

BTW - if you want some more performance then Churchkeys the man to see for a Big air kit. Then bolt on a PCIII and you'll be laughing.

Keep reading the WWW09 posts and you work out what it's about. There is a link to last years event

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Silver,

Just check your bill and see if they (wheels) are dynamically
balanced... The comment that spokes made is also very helpful due to
the fact that a wheel can be in balance but the rubber can be moving
sideways, causing a 'wobble'

In regards with Z power, they have some gear, but shop around and
look at this website before you part with many dollars... I found Z
power waaayy to expensive

Update your personal details a bit and include some pictures....

Performance, do the air Kit, for sure a PCIII and maybe a better
exhaust , then get her tuned at a dyno site... you will be pleasantly
surprised.......

WWW09....... stands for wallabada Warrior Weekend (or the
other way around) is is something not to miss.... 2008 was my first
and it was good to meet all the people that weekend.... except
for the rain... it was great.... but this year will be better , it is
later in the year and Hans ordered good weather..... will be a
happening to attend so plan for it and be there, you will not be
disappointed.

See you before or see you there

Dutch