RS Warrior Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kyle NV has my wheel and swing arm. He was going to do a 280mm upgrade. He has had it since may 2021 as well as $2000. Originally he gave me a leadtime of 6 to 8 weeks for completion. About seven weeks and Kyle had contacted me and told me he widened the wrong wheel and will have to order another and redo it. I told him that was fine and thanked him for contacting me about it and letting me know. I expected to wait another month which was no big deal. Well after that month had passed I gave him another call, and honestly I have probably called him twice a week for the last two months just trying to see where or what has happened to my wheel in swingarm. I am worried that I will not be getting my money or wheel and swingarm back. I have had three different phone numbers to contact him or his mother and none of them work. I have left voicemails sent texts, and even used Facebook messenger. If anyone on this forum can help me contact Kyle NV in anyway or give me some insight as to what has happened with him that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,549 Posts
That really sucks! I know he was getting quieter and quieter over the last couple years but I wasn't aware anyone had their parts AND money stuck with him.

1. Can any administrator assist looking into this?

2. Is there anyone else with a similar situation out there? If so, please post up.

Good luck with getting this resolved!

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Yeah I tried every number for some time now and nothing back from him.
Hopefully someone in the area could drop on by.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,986 Posts
Sorry to see this. Kyle is a huge huge stand-up guy. Never left any troubles, he made things right in the few troubles he had over almost two decades. He's honest and honorable.

I would sure appreciate if you could email me the purchase documentation (proof of payment and items shipped to what address, phone numbers and email addresses tried, communications). It will be confidential. Send to me at my private email: [email protected] and I will look into it and report back here in this thread to the extent not confidential. Be aware it will take several weeks due to my schedule and the holidays.

I don't see any activity here indicating you discussed or purchased via this site, which is somewhat common so no worries. But the site will not get involved. My participation is private, not as site staff.

Please allow me to note that I expect to find a reasonable rational explanation. I caution against negative comments in these cases. They can lead to paths that moderators and members dislike.

Be well.

Kyle NV has my wheel and swing arm. He was going to do a 280mm upgrade. He has had it since may 2021 as well as $2000. Originally he gave me a leadtime of 6 to 8 weeks for completion. About seven weeks and Kyle had contacted me and told me he widened the wrong wheel and will have to order another and redo it. I told him that was fine and thanked him for contacting me about it and letting me know. I expected to wait another month which was no big deal. Well after that month had passed I gave him another call, and honestly I have probably called him twice a week for the last two months just trying to see where or what has happened to my wheel in swingarm. I am worried that I will not be getting my money or wheel and swingarm back. I have had three different phone numbers to contact him or his mother and none of them work. I have left voicemails sent texts, and even used Facebook messenger. If anyone on this forum can help me contact Kyle NV in anyway or give me some insight as to what has happened with him that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,549 Posts
Thank you for helping with this, @arizonawarrior. I know Kyle only by reputation and this seems really off for what I've heard, but as mentioned, he's been getting quieter and quieter. I thought the last confirmed contact with him was some time early last year. I was quite surprised to hear there was an exchange as recently as May.

Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Arizona you area true Warrior brother.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,986 Posts
tommysingleton, I see you've checked-in subsequent to my earlier reply post. I realize it might take a little time to assemble your notes. I'm just posting that I haven't seen any email from you yet, in case you did send it then you'll know to check the spelling of the email address and send again.

·
Administrator
5,941 Posts
Kyle had health problems in the past. It's possible he's having trouble now and not able to post. Hopefully not but a possibility.

Reactions: arizonawarrior

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro, but hey if it makes you feel any better, you're not alone, I waited over a Year to get my parts back from Kyle aswell, but in the end he stood by his word and got them out to me in beautiful condition. Give him some time and patience, He was having some serious health issues, and I'm sure he's gonna get back to you as soon as he possibly can, I've been trying to contact him for a few months myself since we became good friends during our transaction just wanted to check up on him, he really is a nice dude and means well. So if you reach him tell him Gilbert from NY is looking for him also hahaha, hang tight buddy, it'll be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
482 Posts
People with that history and reputation for $ 800 don't go missing. Most likely he has some difficulties. He spoke to me about health problems back in 2018. It is worth trying to find someone who is as close to him as possible. May be to visit him.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,986 Posts
tommysingleton, I see you've checked-in again most recently two days ago. I'm re-posting that I haven't seen any email from you yet, in case you did send it then you'll know to check the spelling of the email address and send again. Candidly it seems odd that you seem uninterested in my offer of local assistance, which is simply requiring your substantiation before I act on your behalf.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,986 Posts
@tommysingleton

Regretfully you've not responded and candidly I'm not willing to raise this with him unsubstantiated. I believe that if I were due parts and refund money from a vendor and someone offered the assistance that you have been offered, well, to put it bluntly I would have thankfully and respectfully stepped-up to provide the info needed to get the ball rolling.

I notice you have just one other post, a for sale ad. No conversations. Your IP record shows initial sign-in's were from Kansas, those were probably Comcast VPN Wichita which is being assumed just because it's common. The next few were SLC and Magna Utah areas. This squares with your phone number you included in your first post (for sale ad).

So I think you are 'real' and probably just don't get into technical forums. It's cool no problem. That being the case, I'm respectfully retracting my offer of help. I know you will understand that my reasons are well-intended and not based from disrespect for either party.

Everyone else who reads this thread over time should understand that tommysingleton must have reasons for deciding not to accept help offered here even after this complaint. I'm closing this thread to provide integrity into the future and to let it fade quietly into the sunset.

Supermoderators might decide amongst themselves to remove this from view.

When I next see Kyle, which doesn't happen often, I have zero intention of asking about this. If he brings it up to me, well, I have zero intent of posting about it here. This whole thing should never have happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.