RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know if Gilbert Mello was a Forum Member. I tried searching for him by name and had no luck. Folks, I am sharing this information with our community due to the fact we have lost another Warrior Rider to no fault of his own. The little I know about Gilbert is that he was Retired Army Special Forces and greatly loved by his family and friends. I have copied and pasted a few emails from his wife to Reza along with pictures. I am hoping someone on here will recognize Gilbert. Please Be Careful out there Folks....Life is short.

Copied & Pasted Email 1, read Below.

Hi,

This is Gilbert's wife Katherine. I am sad to have to tell you that Gilbert was run over on December 23rd while driving the warrior and died from the injuries Jan 2nd. The accident was caused by a 72 year old woman who says she never saw Gilbert or heard the very loud pipes. The bike was totaled and is with the insurance company of the lady who hit him. I did not offer to buy it back yet because we have not settled on a price for the claim. You may have been contacted about questions about the wheel kit since I had to provide them with your invoice as part of my disagreement about the value of the customization done by Gilbert. I am attaching a picture of the bike before it was hit if your buyer would like to get the parts after the claim is settled. I will scan the pictures of the bike after it was hit later this week and send them also so you can see the damage done to the tank and the pipes. Please feel free to contact me at any time, Gilbert really liked talking with you and he differently loved his big boy tire, as I called it.

Email 2, read below....

Reza,

Thanks for your condolences and if you are ever out that way Gilbert is laid to rest in San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery in Gustine, California. I attached a picture of Gilbert in his mothers back yard in San Jose last year and another one of him in his dress blue uniform after returning from Korea in 1998. I wish I had one of him on his bike so you could see the big smile he would have as he rolled into the driveway. On his arm he had a tattoo of a chain being broken by a sword and the words "Free since 2003", which is when he retired from the military. Because he lived life to the fullest every single day I can smile because I know that Gilbert's spirit has been free since the day he was born.

Take care

K

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
God Bless Katherine and the rest of Gilberts friends and family..

It's a shame that an accident like this could be allowed to happen..

RIP Gilbert...

·
Registered
477 Posts
It would be an honor for my family to pray for Gilbert and to ask God to help heal the pain of loss in his family. God Bless you Gilbert and ride on brother...

·
Registered
60 Posts
If anyone isnot an AMA member, I urge you to please join. The laws that pertain to those who kill people on motorcycles is too leinant. The AMA is trying to change that.

My thoughts and prays with the family.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Gilbert, thank you for your service to the country, you will be missed. Prayers go out to you Katherine for your loss may Gilbert rest in pease.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
My sincerest condolances to the family of Gilbert. Another brother has been lost. As an angel of riders may he guide us safely through our journie.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
It's never easy to reply to these kind of post, I hate to read them.
But it's a fact of life, live and enjoy life to its fullest cause you never know when your last day will be.

RIP Gilbert......my condolences to his wife and family

1 - 20 of 26 Posts