RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, folks, we've decided to sell my girlfriend's black 1996 Kawasaki Eliminator 600. I figured I'd put it up for sale on here and then put an ad on Ebay and/or Trader.

She's going through a bout of cancer and will not be riding for the next few months, due to chemo therapy, but I've promised her a bigger bike for when she's finished her battle with this ugly disease. I think that her number one choice is a Warrior (who wouldn't want TWO in their garrage!!
) or a Ducati Monster - we'll see which way she ends up swinging, once it's time to make a decision.

The Kawi has just under 9200 EASY miles on it. She's barely ever hit 80 mph on it. She enjoys the FL scenery much more than the speeds the bike can attain. It's a very clean bike that she's loved for 6 years and it's a bit hard to part with, but instead of it sitting in our garage, we'd rather put the money in our savings account, for a rainy day, until we're through with the C word. As far as blemishes are concerned, it's ridiculously clean for a 12 year old bike. There is one noticeable booboo, thanks to Luc's girlfriend (LOL) who burnt the bottom of her right boot on the exhaust canister, and I took a photo of it so you can see.

We'd like to get $2300 for it, so send me a PM and I shall get right back to you.

I figure it'll be a good Xmas present for someone. It's VERY reliable and very very fun and easy to ride. Spread the word, if you can.

Shawn

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hey, that's a nice bike, some good ol' fashioned oven cleaner will definitely get that boot mark off the muffler. I work with a couple of folks that want to get into riding, i'll give a word about your girls bike....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to hear about the C word. Hope she picks the warrior after she gets done battleing the C word. I will spread the word!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That bites Shawn! I'm very sorry to hear about this and wish her the best of luck while she goes through the process of kicking it's friggin a$$. I hope ya'll can get the bike sold, it's about time to put yourlady on something more befitting her anyway. That looks like one nice clean bike though for the price so it shouldn't be hard.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marco Polo said:
it's about time to put your lady on something more befitting her anyway. 

Boy, she really liked that part!!! hahahaha she keeps saying she wants a bigger, "tougher" bike and she enjoys riding my bike a lot. She's a bit intimidated by it, at first, but then she's all grins and whips it around like she stole it! I had her sit on a Ducati Monster and she had a really big grin on her face about that, too, so we'll see.

Thanks for the kind words. Now, stop it before people think you're a nice guy

·
Registered
51 Posts
those were cool bikes...cruiser with the ninja 600 motor in it IIRC. Is it faster than the warrior?

Having Cafe Racer thoughts running through my head...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Shawnzilla said:
Thanks for the kind words. Now, stop it before people think you're a nice guy

No worries there, It's never long beforeI mess that up once it happens!

A Ducati Monster eh? She looks too sexy for a Monster but it's definitely a tough looking ride if that's what she's after, besides she's too sexy looking for you too but that seems to be working out.
**** I'd say if she can handle riding your Warrior (the bike you pervs!) then that would be pretty **** neat to have a his and her set. The bikes that made my wife want to take them home were the Meanie and Nightrod Special. She can't see herself riding a Warrior but with my forward controls it would be **** near impossilbe for her to even try it. Again though, my sincerest and deepest best wishes for you guys while you battle past that. Chemo can be such a bltch and I know your good nature and humor will help her immensely at times.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chester, if you ask my friend Luc, I have ridden it past him a few times. It's definitely a very rev-happy bike. No torque like the Warrior, but once you get the engine past 6k RPM, the fun really begins!

Cafe Racer is what this bike was really meant to be. Everyone that's seen me ride it, the few times that I did, knows the giant grin that's on my face whenever I do!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marco Polo said:
A Ducati Monster eh?  She looks too sexy for a Monster but it's definitely a tough looking ride if that's what she's after, besides she's too sexy looking for you too but that seems to be working out. 

you ain't kidding, Brother!

My Ann is very in love with the V-Rod, herself, but you can't argue that the Warrior is the best bang for the buck. I figure we can get her one, if she so chooses, and get the proper handle bar so she doesn't have to lean so far forward to ride. However, she fit like a glove on the Monster 696 and I know the guys at the local Duc dealership, so we could potentially walk out having only paid dealership cost for the little Monster. We've looked at a whole bunch of bikes, together, and she's basically in love with the Warrior and that Ducati (and the V-Rod). We shall see - I wouldn't be surprised if she takes a left turn and goes right for the Harley.

Whatever she wants, she can have! It's hard to not give in to her smile!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sorry to hear about the C-word. Everything will workout. After the Holidays, she can be part of our group hug. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BOSSMAN2677 said:
Sorry to hear about the C-word.  Everything will workout.  After the Holidays, she can be part of our group hug.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

ditto

·
Registered
611 Posts
Nice, I was looking for a bike for my girl and she was all excited to get one until I took her to fire and ice rally. A truck ran some bikers into the ditch on the way home and that was it. Now she says no. If I can get her to change her mind I will get back to you. Good luck with your sale otherwise and if we can help let us know.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nmbillr said:
Nice,  I was looking for a bike for my girl and she was all excited to get one until I took her to fire and ice rally.  A truck ran some bikers into the ditch on the way home and that was it.  Now she says no.  If I can get her to change her mind I will get back to you.  Good luck with your sale otherwise and if we can help let us know.

Oh man, tell her not to be scared of ONE incident! LOL I keed I keed, I know how some people get shaken up by a nasty spill. If she changes her mind, this bike will bring a lot of smiles to her - it sure as **** has done that for us!

Spread the word, my friend - the holidays are coming!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Shawnzilla said:
nmbillr said:
Nice, I was looking for a bike for my girl and she was all excited to get one until I took her to fire and ice rally. A truck ran some bikers into the ditch on the way home and that was it. Now she says no. If I can get her to change her mind I will get back to you. Good luck with your sale otherwise and if we can help let us know.

Oh man, tell her not to be scared of ONE incident! LOL I keed I keed, I know how some people get shaken up by a nasty spill. If she changes her mind, this bike will bring a lot of smiles to her - it sure as **** has done that for us!

Spread the word, my friend - the holidays are coming!

I sure will.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Best of luck selling the bike, and with her illness. That would be a nice bike for anyone, they are alot of fun and fast for being so small!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Shawn,

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend's situation. Let her know she's in my prayers. Also you can get that burned boot mark off the pipe with some Dow Oven Cleaner. You first need to heat up the pipe, wipe as much off as you can with a clean cloth and then spray the oven cleaner on the pipe. Simply wipe it off after it starts braking down. It sometimes helps to run the engine while the cleaner is on there.

Also, if that doesn't' get it all, extremely fine steel wool with get the rest of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts